Good place for affordable furniture

poncherelli2

Oct 3, 2002
I just moved into a new apt and am looking for some decent furniture. The big need right now is a couch. I've done a fair bit of looking at some stores in the city and online as well. I've kinda ruled out craigslist as I'm not a fan of used couches or mattresses (pretty much anything else I'll do) and I'm also not a big ikea fan, especially when it comes to their sofas.

I'm looking to spend anywhere from 300 up to 600 or so (including tax & delivery). I looked at the some of the big guys in the city: Levitz, Jennifer Convertibles, and wasn't entirely impressed with what they had, but would consider either as a last resort.

I also came across a site www.efstyle.com that was intriguing because it had reasonable prices and free delivery in the city, but I can't find much in the way of reviews and something feels a little off with them. If anyone has had an experience or anymore information about them, that'd be great.

Does anyone else have any suggestions as to other places to check out or any recommendations for a decent online retailer with reasonable shipping rates? Thanks.

bonkers325

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
i usually order from local furniture stores in brooklyn, so i cant really help you.

theres a nice futon store in midtown (i think) that sells quality futons. but other than that, i cant help you! unless you're comfortable with shopping for furniture in chinatown :p

Coquito

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2003
The Macy's furniture store is sometimes expensive, but the better quality is so obvious. The leather couches are thick & dyed all the way through. Not like those ivory colored sets they sell for 699 everywhere else that chip, warp, & crack after a few months.

puffff

Platinum Member
Jun 25, 2004
the furniture section on new york craigslist will have a section for dealers. they sell new furniture at fairly cheap prices, and a lot of them will offer free delivery into manhattan.

poncherelli2

Oct 3, 2002
The dealers section of craigslist was how I found about efstyle.com and a few other sites. This has been the area I've looked at the most recently, but I'm wondering how legitimate these dealers are. Does anyone have experience with these nycfuton.com, efstyle.com, nyfurnitureoutlet.com, etc ....