Good Online Place for Drill Bits?

v3rrv3

Golden Member
May 26, 2002
Hey,
I ask because I need a part for a circle cutter. If you look here It's the squarish piece on the right. Unforunetly mine got burnt and I have been unable to find one in the neighboring 50 miles =/

Thanks,
Kevin

Squisher

Lifer
Aug 17, 2000
You mean burned from turning it too fast? You could just grind the bit back to good steel.

And, if you're willing grind it by hand you could get a 3/16" square highspeed tool bit from any industrial tool supply place. You might be stuck with this alternative because even though they say the bit is replaceable, they might not make the bit.

Just be careful hand grinding on a pedestal grinder, you might not think so, but a lot of people lose fingers using one.

Ornery

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Squisher's exactly right about the replacement bit, but why don't you just regrind the old one? The replacement bit you buy will not be ground correctly for that use anyway.

Do you really have any luck with that tool? I've got one around here somewhere, but it never did me much good. Like it says in that ad, "For use in drill press, drill stand..." I don't have either. Best solution is a dedicated hole saw or kit.