Good Ole Games Early Access Beta

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Born2bwire

Diamond Member
Oct 28, 2005
Fallout 1 works just fine in Vista but I haven't even fired up Fallout 2 yet. I saw on the forums (the GOG interface is nice) that some people think that Fallout 1 is the UK version and Fallout 2 is the US version (time to walk the pickpocket alley with armed explosives). The UK version removes the children sprites but there is a patch that will correct this. I installed the patch before playing so I do not know if this is true but I there are children with the patch and I do not see any differences with my recollection of the original US version.

9mak9

Dec 3, 2007
I really want Fallout 1+2 but I don't think I'll get a key in the next 2 days :(

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
Have they added any new older games since they first announced it? I'm curious how many they'll add to their list and how fast. I havent signed up yet. Just sitting on the sideline and waiting to see how it works out.

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
Originally posted by: Skott
Have they added any new older games since they first announced it? I'm curious how many they'll add to their list and how fast. I havent signed up yet. Just sitting on the sideline and waiting to see how it works out.

Won't really know until tomorrow when they've opened the site up to everyone. If you don't have a key, then you're not in the beta and don't have access to their game list.

ginfest

Golden Member
Feb 22, 2000
I never received my beat key so I guess I'll have to wait until they open :(
Gonna grab Fallout 1&2 for old times sake, wanna replay them under Vista b4 F3 comes out :)

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
Originally posted by: 9mak9
so tomorrow they are opening up for everyone? cause I'm geared and ready

We'll be accepting sign-ups for the exclusive access until Monday, September 22 at 11:59 p.m. (EDT).

I think that can be read to mean it will open tomorrow, but who knows.

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
Everybody Check your email. Looks like the beta keys were sent out early this morning, if you already didn't get one. Set up my account and am downloading Fallout right now!

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
Originally posted by: CPA
Everybody Check your email. Looks like the beta keys were sent out early this morning, if you already didn't get one. Set up my account and am downloading Fallout right now!

Yep, just got mine and created my account. Not really sure Pirate is a gender, but that's what I picked.

KT

Edit: hmmm, apparently now the site is down for maintenance.

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
I downloaded Fallout and apparently you can only install it to Drive C. Changing it to any other drive created a diskspace error message. That is going to suck if all of the games have to be installed to C.