Good, older PC games with co-op?

Sulaco

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2003
I'm looking for some recommendations for older (maybe 2003 and earlier) PC games (any genre) that have good co-op modes, or have co-op "patches/mods" available online.

My brother is running a pretty dated PC, and we're connecting on a LAN with one copy of a game for both PCs, so I guess games that are strict about authentication (STEAM?) are out of the question. I'd really like to try out Half Life Co-op, but I guess that'd be impossible with one copy and STEAM?

So if anybody can think of some good older games with co-op, I'd appreciate any suggestions.

Triton67

Aug 6, 2007
Rainbow Six 3: Ravenshield

I remember my kid bro once joined MP...with AMD Thunderbird 1.4GHz, GF2 32MB or similar ;) he camped in a corner most of the time, due to 20fps !

tigersty1e

Golden Member
Dec 13, 2004
Splinter cell: Pandora's tomorrow.

I'm not sure about the multiplayer in the first spinter cell, but pandoras tomorrow was great multi.

Schadenfroh

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2003
I believe that you could do this with Baldurs Gate 2. (although I have never tried it)

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
Originally posted by: tigersty1e
Splinter cell: Pandora's tomorrow.

I'm not sure about the multiplayer in the first spinter cell, but pandoras tomorrow was great multi.

LOL phtttt... multiplayer in the first splinter cell. *snicker*

(pssst, there is none)

flyboy84

Golden Member
Jul 21, 2004
Originally posted by: effee
Swat 4's Co-OP is really fun..even if it isnt old enough

Well if SWAT 4 isn't old enough, how about SWAT 3? That had great co-op too! :)

mrblotto

Golden Member
Jul 7, 2007
Originally posted by: Worthington
Descent

*edit*.. er coop? Can't remember. it's supports lan but not sure about Co-op play.

Back in the days when the ZEOS Pantera was the big man on campus, We would both boot up with Lantastic Boot disks, join a game and both fly around killing the baddies. My buddy would always get confused and end up flying upside down or going the opposite way.....lol!

http://shadowpanther.net/co-op.htm