Good news! We're never going to leave Iraq!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Genesys

Golden Member
Nov 10, 2003
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
Originally posted by: Genesys
Originally posted by: GrGr
The main reason the US invaded Iraq in the first place was to establish US bases in Iraq so they can push through the neocon/oil/pro-Israel/anti-Iran/anti-Opec Bush Doctrine in the Middle East and Caspian area. To pull out all troops from Iraq would be to give up that plan, which won't happen as long as Bush is president.

so, you think its bad to support one of our allies?
and you obviously like being held hostage OPEC, i see that paying an astronomical ammount for gasoline is no problem for you
and i also see that you love supporting terrorist states

Please point out where he demonstrates any support for a Terrorist state. Wait you can't!

except for right here

Originally posted by: GrGrThe main reason the US invaded Iraq in the first place was to establish US bases in Iraq so they can push through the neocon/oil/pro-Israel/anti-Iran/anti-Opec Bush Doctrine in the Middle East and Caspian area.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: Genesys

Please point out where he demonstrates any support for a Terrorist state. Wait you can't!

except for right here

Originally posted by: GrGrThe main reason the US invaded Iraq in the first place was to establish US bases in Iraq so they can push through the neocon/oil/pro-Israel/anti-Iran/anti-Opec Bush Doctrine in the Middle East and Caspian area.
I fail to see where he states that he supports any Terrorist States with that post.

KK

Lifer
Jan 2, 2001
Originally posted by: KK

Care to address the point brought up about the people calling on troops to kill their officers? Or can't you?

KK
Care to post a link or are we just going to have to take your word for it?

You don't trust my word, what do you think I am, a liberal? :) Here you go. It's down the page alittle on the right. Have you noticed that all the freak liberals come out for these protests. I guess that's the company liberals like to keep. What ever floats their boat I guess, I sure would be embarassed.

KK

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001

Care to address the point brought up about the people calling on troops to kill their officers? Or can't you?

KK

You don't trust my word, what do you think I am, a liberal? :) Here you go. It's down the page alittle on the right. Have you noticed that all the freak liberals come out for these protests. I guess that's the company liberals like to keep. What ever floats their boat I guess, I sure would be embarassed.

KK
Wow talk about your Anarchist/Communist Rag. To compare Liberals with that group would be akin to comparing Conservatives with Timothy McVie.

BaliBabyDoc

Lifer
Jan 20, 2001
I hear the occupation will end in June when a new Iraqi government assumes control.

Bushies yesterday

oops . . . nevermind

I'm sure Bushies would claim these perspectives are not mutually exclusive. But how many sovereign states allow a foreign military to roam their territory, detain men on a whim, lock tie the hands of women and children . . .

Miramonti

Lifer
Aug 26, 2000
Originally posted by: BaliBabyDoc
I hear the occupation will end in June when a new Iraqi government assumes control.

Leaving Iraq too soon can lead to it becoming several different independent countries imo.

Until there's enough military strength built up to combat any efforts towards autonomy, we are guaranteed to be there. And we probably won't let the military become too strong until we trust the standing government.

KK

Lifer
Jan 2, 2001

KK

KK
Wow talk about your Anarchist/Communist Rag. To compare Liberals with that group would be akin to comparing Conservatives with Timothy McVie.

The problem is that liberals encourage these freaks and these freaks are liberal for the most part. Talk about being sheep for a particular party. Why is it that there are much more demonstrations for liberal pointed agendas than conservative agendas?

KK

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
Originally posted by: BaliBabyDoc

Bushies yesterday

oops . . . nevermind

I'm sure Bushies would claim these perspectives are not mutually exclusive. But how many sovereign states allow a foreign military to roam their territory, detain men on a whim, lock tie the hands of women and children . . .

Wonder if the Patriot Act (Iraqi style) will be in vogue there? Seems to me there is little difference betwix military and folks with guns (legal like) and all the detaining and lock tie stuff..