good new sugar free drinks I tried

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by QueBert, Feb 29, 2012.

1. QueBert

QueBert Lifer

I use to destroy at least a 2lt bottle of Coke or Pepsi every day. I cut out Soda with the exception of a diet coke here and there completely. I drink water all day now, but it does get old. At one point I started to really like Crystal Light, but got semi burned out on it. I'm probably way behind the time, but at the store the other day I saw these Crystal Light Mocktails. if they're not new, they're new to me. And finally I can get some sugar free drinks that aren't Lemonade, Tea or some berry flavored (I have berry anything) They're Appletini, Margarita & Mijoto flavored, so they're being marketed as fake alcoholic drinks. Basically Apple, Lime & I guess Mint/Lime for the Mijoto. The Apple ones the only one I had, it was pretty damn good. Tastes like an Apple Jolly Rancher. And with no sugar I don't have to watch it so much like I did with Soda. I don't notice any metallic or funny aftertaste, it was pretty sweet but could be cut with extra water for those who want something lighter. I've found 3 flavors here I'm interested in, but knowing my luck these won't be popular and CL will stop making them in another 5 months lol.

I know a lot of people are wary of all the chemicals in CL, but I can't find a lot of non sugar soda choices out there for the times when I don't want water. I wish CL would make a Watermelon flavor, the Watermelon BCAA drink I have's really great stuff, but it's way too expensive to chug down 4 glasses of a day :(

#1 QueBert, Feb 29, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 29, 2012
  2. Wyndru

Wyndru Diamond Member

I love CL products. I too only drink water or CL (I usually make pitchers of lemon iced tea mixed with lemonade). The stuff is really cheap from a wholesale club near me.

I'll have to look for these Mocktails, they sound good.

3. elitejp

elitejp Golden Member

Those fake sugars are worse than the real sugars in my opinion. Start drinking tea.

4. QueBert

QueBert Lifer

I only like the flavor of tea with a sweetener in it. And while I don't know if the artificial sweeteners are or aren't any worse for me than regular sugar. I am watching my calories, so a pitcher of real Lemonade would definitely kill my daily macros :) All my supplements have fake sweeteners of some sort in them so if they are bad for me, that means I'm pretty much screwed. I take about 4 things a day, not including the Crystal Light now.

#4 QueBert, Mar 1, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2012
  5. IHateMyJob2004

The last time I read up on the sugar alternative in things liek diet Coke, I shrugged my shoulders. My kids don't get diet soda but I don't worry about myhealth when drinking it.

This:
    http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/phenylalanine/AN01552

That said, I do want to cut diet Coke consumption. Actually, I ahve. I have maybe 2-3 cans at night. During the day it is coffee. I don't take in milk though which is bad i suppose. Once i get my weight down, I'll start drinking milk again.

6. surfsatwerk

surfsatwerk Lifer

Splenda and Stevia are great alternatives for those looking to cut real sugar out of your diet.

7. CPA

CPA Elite Member

I've been using Mio in my water. Great thing about it is you can easily adjust how much flavor you want.

8. smartpatrol

smartpatrol Senior member

Why? I honestly haven't seen any evidence that fake sugars are bad for you (except for those who are phenylketonurics).

9. elitejp

elitejp Golden Member

I recently got diagnosed with diabetes. There isnt any real reason it just happened. Ive exercised and been active my entire life not to mention been very meticulous with what i eat and when I eat it. So with that being said my body feels like crap when I tried drinks with artificial sugars in it, worse than if i had the real thing. However I havent really looked into what types of artificial sugars they used. Their has been one drink that says no sugar that doesnt seem to effect me in a negative way, but most of them do, and more so than if I took the real sugar counterpart. Becoming diabetic has made me really sensitive to what sugars are in what and how much. So as surprising at is may sound I would choose real sugar over the fake any day for my body. As for what surf said I would currently agree with him on the stevia, however I havent used it since being diabetic but from what i researched on it beforehand I would suspect it to be a very very good alternative.

In any case take this for what its worth. Peoples bodys are able to handle just about anything you throw at it however this has been my experience and to me its far more valuable than any written double blind study test blah blah blah that has been published.

10. Wyndru

Wyndru Diamond Member

I think some of the new Crystal Light blends use Stevia (at least the packages that state "no artificial sweeteners").

11. AyashiKaibutsu

AyashiKaibutsu Diamond Member

Because someone on the internet told them so, and they really want to believe.

12. HNNstyle

HNNstyle Senior member

Gatoraid thirst quencher. One 20 oz thirst quencher has less grams of sugar and less calories then 1 fruit orange.

13. Bateluer

Bateluer Lifer

The artificial sugars tend to give me a rubbly stomach, so I avoid them. Refined white sugar too. Natural sugars though, no problems.