Good Morning.....how was your halloween??

MC

Platinum Member
Feb 23, 2000
Hi all, good after-halloween morning!
How was your halloween? Share with us here and best if you can provide some pictures from your party!

Unfortunately i just stayed at home last night....answering the door and giving out candies! Hanging around at forums.....did some programming and watching some NBA games....that's it!

bigvince

Banned
Aug 25, 2000
halloween was suck (past tense)

some dirty little bastard of a kid let the air out of three of my tires! then as i was leaving my mothers house four more dirty little bastards hit my car with eggs.....wouldnt have been so bad if what they had thrown WERE eggs but no what they threw was acrylic eggs filled with bright orange paint! :| so now i have for bright orange splatters on the side of my car.....HAPPY F"UCKIN HALLOWEEN!!!!!:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|

MC

Platinum Member
Feb 23, 2000
lol...sorry i can't resist!
Well, once a year and that's what you get for what you did when you were kid!

j/k.....have fun washing your car

Isla

Elite member
Sep 12, 2000
Mine was nice... the only thing that disturbed me was the teens dressed like Hooters girls, one carrying her baby. I am feeling terrible this morning because I know my eyebrows accidentally went up when I opened the door. Now I want to find her and give her a hug.

:(

MC

Platinum Member
Feb 23, 2000
what's wrong with teen dreesed up like hooters girl?

Isla

Elite member
Sep 12, 2000
You've never been an exploited teenage girl, so you wouldn't understand.

bigvince

Banned
Aug 25, 2000
isla,

have you been an exploited teenage girl?

and how were they being exploited if they chose tho dress that way? isn't that exploiting themselves?

(light harted comment dont take it too seriously):)

Isla

Elite member
Sep 12, 2000
bigvince,

Yes, I have been, and I know many others. Some survived and recovered (like me) and some have not (like my childhood friend who lost her kids to the State and dances at an ultra-skanky bar.) Seeing a girl that young with a baby tells me that she is going to have a harder time in life because she exploited herself/was exploited/bought into the objectification of women (women are valued as sex objects).

For me, seeing that girl, dressed like a hootchie mama and carrying that sweet (but clearly disadvantaged) baby is a symbol of all the girls out there who are not worried about making good grades and achieving something... they are worried about whether or not they are HOT to the boys. Oh, she was hot all right, and now what? That baby is a precious gift and tremendous responsibility. I only hope she has a terrific support system that will help her raise that baby safely.

Unless you are a female or have daughters, you can't really be aware of the price women pay for continuing to make sexual desirability our #1 trait. My oldest thinks of nothing but her weight now... My brilliant, sensitive child only values herself based on what some pimply boys think of her body. You have no idea how PAINFUL this is for me.

Anyway, I don't want to get into this with you guys. I can't fault you for not understanding or seeing what I am talking about. You are guys, this is your forum, and I am just visiting. Some of the guys here know what I mean, but most of them have daughters or someone else special in their lives who have made these issues more revelent to them.

Never mind me, I'm just sad at the state of the world this morning.

Wangel

Banned
Mar 30, 2000
If you got hit by eggs or paint, you obviously did something wrong. When I was younger, we had a house that gave us a hard time. One year they would put up rope around their yard so the kids wouldn't walk on their grass. Try running from house to house in the dark when there is a rope in your way. One year he gave out apples, and another year he gave out cheap hard candy. This guy got his tires flattened, antenna broke, car egged, and tree TP'd every year. He never learned to just let the kids have some fun and collect some candy one night of the year. Instead, he wanted to fight with us.

Fathom4

Golden Member
Feb 11, 2000
My Halloween was good even though I had a touch of the flu I can always enjoy taking my girls trick or treating. The weather was beautiful with the Moon and stars shining brightly. Great!

Isla I understand where you're coming from. As the father of two beautiful daughters, I share many of the same concerns as you. Your daughters are fortunate though to have you as their mother setting such a wonderful example for them.

Yes our daughters are born with disadvantages in a predominately male society, but with our help and guidance I have no doubt our children will grow to be happy successful adults. ;)

Fathom

bigvince

Banned
Aug 25, 2000
wangle

i didnt do anything i dont even live around there! they were just some basterd ass kids with no respect for anything.....

bigjon

Mar 24, 2000
NOBODY came to our door last night! Maybe our pumpkins were carved a little too scary this year :eek:

We live in an area that's really growing up with nice houses, so who woulda thunk? ;)

HKSturboKID

Golden Member
Oct 20, 2000
I remember one year, I bought a couple of bags of candys and when the kids rang the bell I took out the box and let them pick. Since the candy are loose, one kid took like half a box. After that, I start handing it out instead of letting them pick. Speaking of eggs...I got egg once a couple of years ago. One thing for sure...wash your car asap..otherwise, it will smell worst than SH*T!