Good LGA775 mATX mobo for HTPC

roguerower

Diamond Member
Nov 18, 2004
Like the title says, I'm looking at moving my current setup in the sig to a HTPC and am exploring putting it into a mATX instead of the full ATX it is now.

What would be a good, reliable mobo to go with?

roguerower

Diamond Member
Nov 18, 2004
Don't need it now, but I would have thought that the LGA775 in the title would mean something, i.e. not AMD.

BTA

Jun 7, 2005
My older Foxconn G33 board works great. I use it in my server but don't see why it wouldn't work for an HTPC.

Zap

Elite Member
Oct 13, 1999
Any motherboard will work, of course, but unless going with a discrete sound card I would recommend one with SPDIF-out. That is, unless you don't use a decent receiver or your receiver picks up audio through HDMI (instead of just passthrough like mine).

TheBeagle

Apr 5, 2005
For what it's worth, I have built about a half dozen PCs utilizing the ASUS P5Q-EM mATX boards, and each build worked just great. That board handles a wide variety of memory and 775 processors with great stability and is very easy to setup. MWAVE.com still has some of those boards in stock if you're interested, @$99.99 each with free shipping. Enjoy. TheBeagle

Blazer7

Golden Member
Jun 26, 2007
+1 for the P5Q-EM.

I've built 4 PCs based on this a couple of months ago. They 've been working since then problem free. Great mobo, stable and as TheBeagle said easy to set up.

@TheBeagle

Great Minds Must Think Alike :D