Good laptop backpacks?

AnthroAndStargate

Golden Member
Oct 7, 2005
Any ATOTers have any experience with a good laptop backpack / urban day pack type thing? My old Jansport is starting fray and I want to get a new bag. I got one from Zappos but it was too small to hold my 17" laptop in the laptop sleeve - so I am back on Zappos looking around.

Any help/advice on your experience with laptop backpacks would be much appreciated!

SinfulWeeper

Diamond Member
Sep 2, 2000
Dont go shopping for a laptop backpack. You'll usually pay much more. Just goto a regular store that offers school backpacks, inspect the backpacks they have for sale. Choose the one that best suits your needs.

novasatori

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2003
Wow. Good luck with that, I hope your back does well.
I can't imagine having a 17" Laptop + power adapter + books etc in one backpack, I have all my classes on one day though.
I myself use a backpack + standard laptop bag, and carry the laptop with the handle - its only a 14" laptop tho...

AnthroAndStargate

Golden Member
Oct 7, 2005
Originally posted by: SinfulWeeper
Dont go shopping for a laptop backpack. You'll usually pay much more. Just goto a regular store that offers school backpacks, inspect the backpacks they have for sale. Choose the one that best suits your needs.

I would do that but I got this bag as a gift from someone who bought it off Zappos. They will only tkae it back and give me credit on their site so I have to get a bag from Zappos.

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
jansport makes a fantastic laptop backpack that's been good to me for 4+ years now

imported_Imp

Diamond Member
Dec 20, 2005
"Hays (sp?) e-pac" seems to be a popular one. Friend of mine got one for $50. Way cheaper than some notebook shoulder bags out there.

blueshoe

Mar 6, 2005
I'm on my 3rd year of using the Kensington Contour and it has been great. Snug fit for my 17" laptop and room for extras. Comfortable too. Ask if you want some more specific info.

Feb 19, 2001
My Jansport Air Cure is just awesome. 2 compartments and 1 with a laptop holder. I don't know how large of a laptop it can hold but my Dell 600m fits nicely. I usually dont carry my laptop but when I need it with my books... bam!

wiredspider

Diamond Member
Jun 3, 2001
My Targus Matrix backpack has held up well, I can't imagine carrying around a 17" lappy, my 15.4" kills me (had to lug it with me to China as a carry-on on 3 flights, plus the returning 3 flights, and up my 9 flights of stairs at my grandma's place)