Good job Dubya . . . .

burnedout

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999
From the report:

"But Sen. Kent Conrad of North Dakota, top Democrat on the Senate Budget Committee, said the report increased the need for Bush to come up with a long-range plan to get the economy back on track. With baby boomers nearing retirement and the Social Security surplus, now used to offset part of the deficit, running dry, a deficit "of this magnitude coming at this time fundamentally threatens the long-term economic security of this country," he said."

Not good news at all. The budget deficit must somehow be brought back under control. In my opinion, we are screwing our own future and that of our children if concrete steps are not taken to address this issue.

JellyBaby

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2000
Numbers are boring. Running on fiscal responsibility won't get you elected. Besides, Bill Gates kids can pay for it all later.

DML1001

Apr 6, 2003
Don't worry, good 'ol Bush will give the rich more tax cuts soon. That will fix everything!

I mean, when super rich people get more money, the first thing they do is run out and look for more people to hire!

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
Originally posted by: DML1001
Don't worry, good 'ol Bush will give the rich more tax cuts soon. That will fix everything!

I mean, when super rich people get more money, the first thing they do is run out and look for more people to hire!

And when taxes go up the poor are the first people to benefit from all the jobs created?

DML1001

Apr 6, 2003
By definition, if a net job is created, someone who was previosuly unemployed must have benefeted from it.

As for the taxes, it obviously depends on what they are being spent on. The real problem right now is that we have a half a trillion budget defecit. If there had been no Iraq war, and no bush tax cuts, that defecit would be reduced to less than 1/4 of its current size or less.