Good IT universities in england?

zimu

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2001
does anybody have any idea where would be good places to apply for a masters in computer science in england?

thanks!

imported_Phil

Diamond Member
Feb 10, 2001
Essex & Portsmouth are rumoured to be good- I attended Essex University in 1998, and the computer courses there were pretty good. Plenty of labs, decent equipment, and although the buildings there are a little dated, the content, I found, was well thought-out and interesting.
The reason that Essex is supposed to be a good University is that they drop all the courses that don't "perform" well, leaving high-scoring courses behind ;) Computer Science has been there a while.

Portsmouth is also supposed to be a good Uni, but I haven't been there myself. Lastly, I remember UEA (University of East Anglia, Norwich) being a good computer science Uni when I visited.

Hope this helps :)

Lynx516

Apr 20, 2003
You missed a big on there. Cambridge also does CS. Dont know if you think it is out of your league or not but you still have to remember it is there.

Lynx (a Cambridge resident) :p

imported_Phil

Diamond Member
Feb 10, 2001
Originally posted by: Lynx516
You missed a big on there. Cambridge also does CS. Dont know if you think it is out of your league or not but you still have to remember it is there.

Lynx (a Cambridge resident) :p

That's a very good point, and one I missed completely :)
I don't know about Cambridge much because it wasn't one of the Universities I visited when choosing, but Lynx is right, it's a great Uni if you can get in.