Good God what happened to the Anandtech homepage?

Feb 19, 2001
Advertising gone yuck..

oisnI.jpg

Not only that it induced a popup to iBuyPower.com. Seriously? A step too far I say...

I had to check on IE because I usually use FF4 + ABP. Had to see if it was really this bad or if it was punishment for running ABP :D

For the record I'm ok with banner ads, those flash RAM ads they've had for years, and even smart text in their articles. Redoing the whole background? A little sketchy...

Edit: Maybe it wasn't a popup. Click anywhere on the background and it links you to iBP. Perhaps that's what happened.

Last edited:

Zen0

Jan 30, 2011
It doesn't show up in Safari unless I maximize the screen... strangely enough.

aphex

Moderator<br>All Things Apple
Jul 19, 2001
'An overclockers wet dream'? Really? Of all the ads to feature on the main page, THIS one gets picked to be plastered all over it?

Wow. Is there any decency anymore?

SKORPI0

Lifer
Jan 18, 2000
Haven't visited that page in ages. Love the growing number of reviews lately, just like the old days. I agree with the ads, but how do you expect AnandTech to make some $$$. Looks like I'll visit more often now. It would be nice to compare with other tech review sites. :thumbsup:

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
wow, it wasn't like that earlier today when i was at work

lol no script blocks the image in FF but you can still click on the frame

Sephire

Golden Member
Feb 9, 2011
Those ad frames on the side is way beyond annoying. Many more websites has that kind of advertising. I hope Ad block can do something with it in the future.

zerocool84

Lifer
Nov 11, 2004
Haven't visited that page in ages. Love the growing number of reviews lately, just like the old days. I agree with the ads, but how do you expect AnandTech to make some $$$. Looks like I'll visit more often now. It would be nice to compare with other tech review sites. :thumbsup:

Exactly, without those ads we'd have no place to make fun of Trident and Neckbeard.

Glitchny

Diamond Member
Sep 4, 2002
Meh I really don't spend a lot of time clicking and/or staring at the background so not really an issue to me.