Good games for C64?

GoldenBear

Banned
Mar 2, 2000
I've never played one of these things before and would like to d/l an emulator to try it out. Anyone have any suggestions on games to try it out with?

ajskydiver

Golden Member
Jan 7, 2000
If you could find them:

Autoduel
Mail Order Monsters
Racing Destruction Set
Colonial Conquest
Lords of Conquest

Just to name a few...

HayZeus 2000

Dec 22, 1999
This is off the top of my head, but here goes:
Mule (an all-time classic!), Forbidden Forest, GI Joe (esp. the PvP), Hitchhiker?s Guide to The Galaxy (text-only, co-written with Douglas Adams, funny as the book), Way of The Exploding Fist, Paradroid, Beach-head, Summer Games, Archon (another all-time classic), Jumpman, Jumpman Jr., Raid Over Moscow, Spy Vs. Spy (the first and the best), Seven Cities of Gold, Elite (still an all-time favorite), Commando (the remixed music is an enduring classic), Bop & Wrestle, Gunship, Summer Games II, Winter Games, California Games, Archon II: Adept, Silent Service, The Last Ninja (some of my favorite game music ever), Pool of Radiance (best on the C=64), Pirates!, International (World) Karate Champion, Airborne Ranger, Platoon?

Were it not for Shogun: Total War, I?d probably be playing a few of these myself-ah, the good old days?

SUOrangeman

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999
Anything Epyx ... even the sculpted joystick that clicked! Oh, the good ol' days.

Hey, where is my GEOS disk?

-SUO

HayZeus 2000

Dec 22, 1999
Hehe, good ole' GEOS-old billg shoulda taken notes, if Berkeley Softworks could do a GUI in 64K, why couldn't MS? :p

SUOrangeman

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999
I remember writing at least one term paper in high school with geoWrite. That thing was awesome!

-SUO

HayZeus 2000

Dec 22, 1999
Yep, I can't tell you how pissed off I was when I beat the whole ship and found out-there was a second one waiting! Doh!

PCAddict

Diamond Member
Nov 19, 1999
I miss my old Commodore stuff. I loved many of those games that were listed above. I had GEOS, FastLoad, and all of that good stuff.

HayZeus 2000

Dec 22, 1999
Man, BH2 was great for hours of one on one, as long as your friends weren't the whiner types when they lost! I always loved being the dictator-especially the laugh you got out of him when he dropped the bomb on someone's head!

Train

Lifer
Jun 22, 2000
www.bing.com
anybody have Necromancer or Druid II ?? man those games were awesome, i cant believe they pulled off such great stuff in 64k of RAM, what a great computer that was, took about 10 years before that thing became obsolete, it was $99 new, sheesh today you spend $2,000 + on a new system and its old news in a year, barely usable after 2.