good game for low end graphics laptop

SpeedZealot369

Platinum Member
Feb 5, 2006
I've got a e1505 with g950 graphics, although i got a t5600, 1gb, and 7200rpm Hd so the rest of my pc is pretty fast.

any game that will work (and look) "ok" that I can play on this? I like fps's rts's bascially if it's good I'll like it.

Thanks guys I love AT :))

Edit

Probablhy won't have access to internet so much so I'm looking for a good campaign..

it also seems like when I'm playing both of my cpu cores are getting used wat too much... maybe the game can't handle duel core?

Same thing seems to happen in stalker...

Schadenfroh

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2003
RTS:
C&C 1, C&C Red Alert 1, Dune II (NOT dune 2000 which sucked very badly)

RPGs (these are isometric (top down) party based RPGs, might have a RTS feel to them):
Baldur's Gate series, and PlaneScape: Torment

FPS:
Deus Ex 1 (might work at low detail)

TBS (turn based strategy):
Master of Orion 2, Civilization 2

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
HL1, Deus Ex, Hitman 2, should all work well and are super cheap, and you do not need internet access.

I used to play all of these on my laptop.

Cheers,
KT

SpeedZealot369

Platinum Member
Feb 5, 2006
maybe a game like diablo 2 just not diablo 2? I played the hell out of diablo 2 back in the day and again when the patch came out.

Schadenfroh

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2003
Originally posted by: SpeedZealot369
maybe a game like diablo 2 just not diablo 2? I played the hell out of diablo 2 back in the day and again when the patch came out.

Try IceWind Dale (comes with baldurs gate series in the package I linked above), it is an action isometric RPG with a plot.

Review

ibex333

Diamond Member
Mar 26, 2005
Like the previous poster said, Baldur's Gate+Tales of The Sword Coast, ID1 + Heart of Winter, Planescape: Torment and maybe eve Temple of Elemental Evil will work fine on your PC. These game are absolute timeless classics despite the dated engines. Also, you might want to try Fallout 1 and 2. Fallout Tactics is another great game that many people dislike but I found it to be one of the best I ever played.

You also want to try Galactic Civilizations, and Galactic Civilizations II. The 1st one is more likely to work 100%. Some other nice games are Civilization 1,2,3 and 4. Age of Empires 1 and 2, Heroes of Might and Magic 3 and Worms: Armaggedon (or any Worms for that matter).

I'm surprised no one mentioned Total Annihilation, Dungeon Keeper and Starcraft yet..... I strongly recommend Dungeon Keeper, but make sure you find the online patch that upgrades the game to 3Dish gfx. Another wonderful strategy game is Warhammer: Dark Omen.

If you want Shooters, try Quake1 and 2. Half Life GOTY Edition that can be obtained real cheap these days.

Balt

Lifer
Mar 12, 2000
Civilization II. It's turn-based and not real time, but it's still a lot of fun.

SpeedZealot369

Platinum Member
Feb 5, 2006
So I got half life 1 from my freind, and the game works smoothly but the controls are wierd, it's like they are delayed for a split second. Like if I just tap w, he'll wait a second and then run much farther then I what I pressed. Anyone here know what I mean?

Anyone know how to fix this? I had the same problem when I tried playing duke nukem 3d :( I think it might be widows xp

Bateluer

Lifer
Jun 23, 2001
Civ4 will run on that system too.

Also, I am thinking NWN1 will probably run on that system as well, though the graphics will be dialed down some. First time I played that game I was on an XP1700 with the first Mobility Radeon ATI released.

SpeedZealot369

Platinum Member
Feb 5, 2006
bump, please help with the problem I stated 2 posts above!! :)

it also seems like when I'm playing both of my cpu cores are getting used wat too much... maybe the game can't handle duel core?

HamburgerBoy

Lifer
Apr 12, 2004
Have you tried disabling one of the cores on the game's process? A lot of older games have syncing issues with dual core processors.

SpeedZealot369

Platinum Member
Feb 5, 2006
Originally posted by: HamburgerBoy
Have you tried disabling one of the cores on the game's process? A lot of older games have syncing issues with dual core processors.

How is that done?

HamburgerBoy

Lifer
Apr 12, 2004
When running the game, Ctrl+Alt+Del to the processes tab, right-click on the process of the game you're running, click 'Set affinity...', and check off the second core.

SpeedZealot369

Platinum Member
Feb 5, 2006
Originally posted by: HamburgerBoy
When running the game, Ctrl+Alt+Del to the processes tab, right-click on the process of the game you're running, click 'Set affinity...', and check off the second core.

That's cool, didn't work though lol

any other ideas?

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
I used to have issues with power settings and my laptop when playing older games.

The way I got around it was to turn all of my power settings to 'always on' and re-install the game. This almost always eliminated any hiccuping or speed-ups.

Not sure if that is your issue, but it was for me.

Good luck,
KT