Good form Razer

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
They make flawed mice, Logitech is much better and cheaper.
They have ok keyboards but there is no reason to pay $130 for a keyboard with lights on it. Most of your gaming is done without looking at the keys so I don't see the value of lights. Much better to get a mechanical keyboard from Roswell, Leopold, Ducky, Das etc.

BrightCandle

Diamond Member
Mar 15, 2007
Razer might be rubbish but so is Logitech. Logitech equally has just one mouse model out today that doesn't have a flawed sensor (g400) and in other aspects its not great. They use cheap switches, they have some awful mouse wheels on some models and they are renowned for double click failures. Logitech support is normally good at replacing in warranty and sometimes out but I wouldn't say they were good, they have many problems just like Razer, they simply don't make good mice at all.

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
Razer might be rubbish but so is Logitech. Logitech equally has just one mouse model out today that doesn't have a flawed sensor (g400) and in other aspects its not great. They use cheap switches, they have some awful mouse wheels on some models and they are renowned for double click failures. Logitech support is normally good at replacing in warranty and sometimes out but I wouldn't say they were good, they have many problems just like Razer, they simply don't make good mice at all.

Nobody makes a perfect mouse but Logitech is 100x better than razer.

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
You guys should try Mionix.

I have looked at them. To me they sound like another Razer. Lights, program buttons etc. If you want or need that it's one thing. I don't so I really don't know if I would feel ok paying extra. I dunno, I use a G400 I got for $40

I guess when you really look at it, they all move your pointer or character/crosshair etc. They all have buttons, pretty much the same layout. They just look and feel slightly different. I suppose getting down to it you have to be comfortable using it so the initial feel is the most important. All the extra fluff like lights, colors, programs, memory, and dpi is secondary to long term comfort and general reliability.

Last edited:

Rinaun

Golden Member
Dec 30, 2005
In your opinion. My Deathadder has been great.

Ditto. I had a Deathadder before my G500, and I'd say both are suited for different hands/play-styles. Saying one is better than the other is 100% opinion.

Eureka

Diamond Member
Sep 6, 2005
It's funny, I've owned both Logitech and Razer products, and my favorite mouse ever is a $7 mouse from China.

I've had my fair share of bad Logitech products, it's the same for Razer. But it's good to know that these companies still keep up with their userbase, it's nice having companies that still cater to their markets instead of trying to expand and forgetting their roots.