Good evening! What is the most conservative city?

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Originally posted by: sirjonk
Originally posted by: HomerJS
Originally posted by: ricleo2
What is the most conservative city in America? I have to move in a few months and I would like to move to a conservative location.
Just curious what are your top 5 criteria for a conservative city??

1. No blacks.
2. No gays.
3. A church on every street.
4. Houses painted red, white and blue.
5. George W. Bush Memorial Park

Awaiting the top 5 criteria for Liberal City USA :)

1. In California
2. large liberal arts school nearby
3. Daily protests
4. Communist bookstore on every corner
5. flagburning and Birkenstock appreciation are taught in school.

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
Originally posted by: Doc Savage Fan
Originally posted by: m1ldslide1
Originally posted by: AndrewR
Originally posted by: Craig234
Try Singapore. We really don't need the righties in the US.

It's blanket statements from people like you and the idiot who wants to nuke Republican-voting cities which make people hate liberals. Congrats for vindicating the vitriol!

Um, maybe you've been in China for the last 7 years, but the whole "if you don't like it, then get out" phrase had its genesis with the right. The whole bit about the blue states seceding came after the elections, where we saw on every network the big maps that the states voting republican were comprised of the least educated and least productive people in the country. If that's all it takes to inspire 'vitriol' among the right, then y'all need to chill out.

So...let me get this straight...Republicans are ignorant and lazy?!? You know...you could show a little more compassion and tolerance to those who are so obviously less gifted than you. Just a thought.

elitist (noun) - a person who is or who believes himself or herself to be a member of an elite group

I thought you were Harvey because of your avatar, and my head asploded. I have since pieced it back together, but it's not as good as it was.

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Nebor
I thought you were Harvey because of your avatar, and my head asploded.

And yet you could still post, which kinda' confirms a long held theory I've had about where your brains might be located. ;)

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: piasabird
What makes a location conservative?

1. BIBLE
Politics?
Taxes?
Benefits?
schools?
roads?

Answered in 1. The rest must follow suit of course.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: Perknose
Originally posted by: Nebor
I thought you were Harvey because of your avatar, and my head asploded.

And yet you could still post, which kinda' confirms a long held theory I've had about where your brains might be located. ;)
LOL, Harsh:shocked::laugh:

Toasthead

Diamond Member
Aug 27, 2001
Originally posted by: bl4ckfl4g
My city was ranked 5th last year. Gilbert, AZ. It is part of the Phoenix metro area.

It is the perfect place. I can live in the safe conservative town and drive 5 minutes to the actual fun places of phoenix.

And its 100+ Degrees 8 months out of the year...

May 16, 2000
Originally posted by: Toasthead
My city was ranked 5th last year. Gilbert, AZ. It is part of the Phoenix metro area.

It is the perfect place. I can live in the safe conservative town and drive 5 minutes to the actual fun places of phoenix.

I'd kill myself or someone else within a week.

Midnight Rambler

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
I see that some people listed Cincy, OH, which in turn generated some comments that it was otherwise.

Cincy may not be as conservative as it once was but if you head North up the Interstate just a bit you may find Hamilton, OH fits your bill. Of course if you don't like guys occasionally masquerading in white robes and pointy white caps, this might not be your cup of tea either ...

bl4ckfl4g

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2007
Originally posted by: PrinceofWands

But it is a dry heat. Lolz No really it isn't that bad untill it gets 110+

May 16, 2000

But it is a dry heat. Lolz No really it isn't that bad untill it gets 110+

I get uncomfortable at 75 and downright angry by 85.

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
Originally posted by: glenn1
Originally posted by: Zorba
Originally posted by: ironwing
Cincinnati, OH

LMAO, Yeah right.

Cincinnati is sorta conservative in an odd way - they have a Hustler store downtown, but were the force behind trying to ban a Robert Maplethorpe photo exhibit. Go figure.

Yeah, I moved here from Oklahoma and Kansas and Cincinnati is nothing compared to Tulsa. It is kind of an odd mix of conservatism, though, I'll give you that.

Oil

Diamond Member
Aug 31, 2005
Originally posted by: CPA
Kingwood, TX. Just north of Houston, supposedly about 90% of its 65,000 residents are registered republicans.

Very true

<-- Grew up there

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
Originally posted by: Pale Rider

You know...if we just nuked those 101 cities we might actually be able to fix America.

Mass murder is going to fix America? Great idea Stallin.

Ah be he didn't say what would be in those nukes. Perhaps he just meant dropping a big bong hit on those cities to lighten them up a bit (and of course increase junk food sales).