Good drink to cheaply f*ck you up?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

flxnimprtmscl

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2003
Originally posted by: freedomsbeat212
Originally posted by: nan0bug
Originally posted by: Tiles2Tech
Any suggestions for something very cheap to drink?

MadDog 20/20.

another vote for this. In PA, you can get it for about $3 a bottle, 2 of them will get you a real nice buzz, 3 and you should be well pissed. Should be cheaper in other states.

What exactly is maddog 20/20?

It's alcoholic Satan. Stay away from this crap, nothing good ever came of it.

EMPshockwave82

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2003
Originally posted by: FFMCobalt
Everclear. You can get a 5th for $15 here. Take a double-shot, sit down, and visualize your liver giving you the middle finger as you close it's coffin.

doubleshot of everclear my arse.... seen people take it... not pretty afterwards 1/2 of the time

SethK28

Golden Member
Feb 19, 2003
Originally posted by: flxnimprtmscl

MadDog 20/20.

another vote for this. In PA, you can get it for about $3 a bottle, 2 of them will get you a real nice buzz, 3 and you should be well pissed. Should be cheaper in other states.

MD 20/20 is like maybe 30 proof, your best of buying cheap liqour

nan0bug

Banned
Apr 22, 2003

MadDog 20/20.

shush.

Its wine with like 13% (i think?) alcohol by vol. It tastes pretty damn good too, which is why everyone says its 'alcoholic satan'. Its easy to drink a lot of it, which will leave you regretting it in the morning.

nmcglennon

Golden Member
Jul 19, 2002
Originally posted by: rbloedow
A bottle of rubbing alcohol - it'll really fvck you up.

Quite.

Ketones in the urine can indicate poorly controlled diabetes, a very low-carbohydrate diet, starvation (including disorders that result in poor nutrition such as anorexia nervosa or bulimia), alcoholism, or poisoning from drinking rubbing alcohol (isopropanol).
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The oral lethal dose of isopropyl alcohol in humans is 240 mL, with poisoning occurring at 20 mL. Most fatalities from isopropyl alcohol are due to alcoholics drinking rubbing alcohol, mistaking it for ethyl alcohol. Isopropyl alcohol has moderate narcotic properties, similar to ethyl alcohol. Symptoms of isopropyl alcohol ingestion manifest themselves within 30 minutes of ingestion, and include pain in the GI tract, vomiting, diarrhea, headache, muscular incoordination, ataxia, confusion, and in high doses coma and death.

dolph

Diamond Member
Jan 18, 2001
if you really don't care about how it tastes, then just get the cheapest vodka you can find and make sure it's ice cold before you drink it.

SethK28

Golden Member
Feb 19, 2003

MadDog 20/20.

shush.

Its wine with like 13% (i think?) alcohol by vol. It tastes pretty damn good too, which is why everyone says its 'alcoholic satan'. Its easy to drink a lot of it, which will leave you regretting it in the morning.

Thunderbird and Nighttrain > MD 20/20

Hell nighttrain is so good Guns N Roses wrote a song about it

hdeck

Lifer
Sep 26, 2002
Originally posted by: Heisenberg

MadDog 20/20.

It is to wine what malt liquor is to beer.

really? i've never got a buzz from a shot of wine... hmm, i'm guessing it's much stronger

you don't take a shot, you guzzle the whole bottle quickly;)

flxnimprtmscl

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2003

MadDog 20/20.

shush.

It tastes good? Compared to what? It's cheap, disgusting wine. No thanks.

Now if you want something that's kills you because the taste makes you let your guard down then you're looking at Peach, Bubble Gum, Mint, Cherry, other flavors that shouldn't be found in alcohol.. etc. Schnapps. That stuff will kill you. Bad to drink as a drink but it makes good milkshakes.

AvesPKS

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2000
I forgot...you can't go wrong with Steel Reserve. 2 cans of that and you're set for the night.

CrazyDe1

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2001

MadDog 20/20.

The good stuff....actually it'll jack you up. We always used to do a couple of these or a couple steel reserves before going out.

MDE

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
It's somewhere in the 12-13% neighborhood (pretty sure it's 12.5%). If you want to get messed up with the least amount of booze, grain alcohol like Everclear or Spirytus (Polish stuff, may only be available in Chicago area) will mess you up in a hurry, as they're 95% and 96% pure alcohol respectively.

DrumminBoy

Golden Member
Mar 10, 2002
Originally posted by: dolph
if you really don't care about how it tastes, then just get the cheapest vodka you can find and make sure it's ice cold before you drink it.

yep. A gallon of 80 Proof Hawkeye Vodka in my town is like $15. It tastes like sh!t, but its not like any expensive vodka actually tastes good anyways. btw... here are the effects of drinking too much of it... :D

b0mbrman

Lifer
Jun 1, 2001
Originally posted by: nmcglennon
How about Bacardi 151. Just start drinking, and don't stop.
I don't know how many times I've done just that and said "I don't feel anything. 151 is stupid" only to be without pants 10 seconds later...

Ah, how I miss the college life.