Good Co-op multiplayer game??

alizee

Aug 11, 2005
My brother and I have been playing through Hellgate: London, and they're taking their servers down today :(

But, I'm looking for a good multiplayer co-op game that is similar. I like how Diablo and Hellgate have a good story that you could play singleplayer or multiplayer.

I was thinking it would be fine to play an MMO, but from what I know of WoW or similar, there's not an over-arching story, which is what I'm looking for. Something like Oblivion would be awesome, where there's a story line, but there's also a ton of sidequests.

Thanks

HeXploiT

Diamond Member
Jun 11, 2004
If you can stand the static camera Titan Quest should be an absolute blast. I loved the game but the camera drove me nuts.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
hellgate's servers are questionable (seeing as flagship went under), so i'd avoid that simply due to the uncertainty of online play.

baldur's gate 2 is a bit involved for a co-op game, but it can be lots of fun :)

Dumac

Diamond Member
Dec 31, 2005
TITAN QUEST!

Gold pack (with the expansion) is only $20 on steam last time I checked.

Quizard

Banned
Dec 16, 2008
Only MMO's??? Left 4 Dead has great co-op, Warhammer Online, and maybe Guild Wars. Theres a lot of games and if they are online games like WoW then most of them have free trials so look around and find some you might like.

Sam25

Golden Member
Mar 29, 2008
Originally posted by: TidusZ
Does BG2 work with vista 64 bit?

Another vote for Baldur's Gate II and yes it'll work with Windows Vista 64 bit.

alizee

Aug 11, 2005
Those are all great ideas, thanks. I did play through BG2 single-player, and loved it. I never tried it multiplayer, maybe we'll give that a shot.

Originally posted by: Quizard
Only MMO's???.

No, not only MMO's, it just seems like there's not many to choose from outside of MMOs.

I was looking at Titan Quest, it looks pretty close to what we were thinking. We were also looking at Sacred 2, how do people like the Co-op mode in that?

What I was thinking would be perfect is multiplayer Oblivion. Is there a game like that?

pwnagesarus

Apr 9, 2007
Titan Quest looks and plays like an updated D2 but it doesn't have that same feel. I've given it a chance twice but I'd always play it for about a week and never want to load it up again.

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005
IIRC Neverwinter Nights 2 can be played co-op, and there is a ton of extra content for it.