Good Christian people engaging in death threats toward school officials

SmCaudata

Oct 8, 2006

This is truly disgusting. Anyone supporting GOP policies at this point is scum. It's gone so far past the point of common ground and compromise.

Democrats regularly hold other democrats accountable when a line is crossed. This behavior is out in the open. Why are GOP leaders not condemning this?

Last edited:

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
After the are convicted, how long before they are allowed to vote again?

Lezunto

Golden Member
Oct 24, 2020
Why aren't Democrats launching their own version of culture wars using shit like this, tying them to terrorism?

If shoplifting can be tied to Democrats, death threats should be tied to Republicans

It seems high minded folks on the Left loathe getting down and dirty in response to GOP dirty and racist tricks. I've complained about this for years.

We're simply not mean and evil.

But we always forget that our best heroes were taken from us in the 60's through gun violence.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
We can all thank one Donald Trump of whom for over four years and counting have riled up and recruited the dregs of society, gave them an air of legitimacy and presented them on the nation's stage as proud patriotic members of Trump's cult, a match made in hell, all supported by the nation's nutjob religious fundamentalists and the rank and file of the party.

All this while the folks who finance and run the party are laughing their asses off at how easy it is/was to convince millions of Republicans to trade in their lofty ideals and ideology for buying into what is now an concerted effort to cheat and connive their way into ruling the nation as any oligarch would dare dream of.

Reactions: hal2kilo
Jul 9, 2009
I'm curious, i read the posted article and in no place did it identify the people that made death threats as "good christian people" not even bad christian people. Did you as a religious bigot and an asshole just include that in the title of your post because you are a religious bigot? or was there an actual reason you put up a false title?

• Haha
Reactions: nakedfrog

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
I'm curious, i read the posted article and in no place did it identify the people that made death threats as "good christian people" not even bad christian people. Did you as a religious bigot and an asshole just include that in the title of your post because you are a religious bigot? or was there an actual reason you put up a false title?
Evangelicals, the right wing, and general assholes is a venn diagram that looks like a single circle. See you.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001

Every single anti-vax/mask/CRT school board Karen I have seen has been tied to evangelicals and Trump.

I mean, at this point, you're just denying reality itself.

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
I mean, at this point, you're just denying reality itself.
Par for the course. It's common sense and no 'leap' at all to connect the dots and understand what type of people they are, but Taj only knows FUD and dishonesty.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
You finally came to the realization the Christian right aren't as upstanding as they tell us?

What took you so long?

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001

This is truly disgusting. Anyone supporting GOP policies at this point is scum. It's gone so far past the point of common ground and compromise.

Democrats regularly hold other democrats accountable when a line is crossed. This behavior is out in the open. Why are GOP leaders not condemning this?
This is productive to their goal, they want the threat of violence from their base to help keep people in line, much easier to install your fascist regime that way.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999

Every bigot should know that it is difficult at times to distinguish bigotry from common sense. For example I tend to look at Republicans these days as traitors and seditionists, and that the party should be banned as Nazi fascism and its leaders thrown in jail. I realize that is a sweeping generalization that might include one or two Republicans who don’t fit the ticket, but, meh, oh well. God can sort them out.

What goes around comes around and it’s no different for me with Republicans than it is for them and how they see black people. It takes too much effort to think.

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999

Policies aren't what spurred this behavior in the public. That is something more related to the corruption of GOP media and leadership. We need Republican leaders to stand up against this behavior and hold their own politicians accountable to human decency standards.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
Policies aren't what spurred this behavior in the public. That is something more related to the corruption of GOP media and leadership. We need Republican leaders to stand up against this behavior and hold their own politicians accountable to human decency standards.

Are you kidding? The GOP leadership FEEDS and GROWS off this sort of trash. They can't stand up to it, they'd be shooting themselves and their shitty careers in the food. The GOP leadership NEEDS this sort of junk to continue to stay in power.

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
Every bigot should know that it is difficult at times to distinguish bigotry from common sense. For example I tend to look at Republicans these days as traitors and seditionists, and that the party should be banned as Nazi fascism and its leaders thrown in jail. I realize that is a sweeping generalization that might include one or two Republicans who don’t fit the ticket, but, meh, oh well. God can sort them out.

What goes around comes around and it’s no different for me with Republicans than it is for them and how they see black people. It takes too much effort to think.
And there is a very high probability they are also a racist and a misogynist.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Funny guy

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
Why aren't Democrats launching their own version of culture wars using shit like this, tying them to terrorism?

If shoplifting can be tied to Democrats, death threats should be tied to Republicans

To be fair, democrats aren't being helped by a Russian disinformation campaign designed to disrupt and destroy our democracy from within.

Plus they are terrible at it on their own...

Reactions: hal2kilo