Good character creation games?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Edge1

Feb 17, 2007
i cant believe no one said Morrowind / Oblivion !
lots of options there for both male and female multiplied by many races!

I forgot to mention Morrowind - yes I have it and yes they love it :)

Is Champions Online one of those free to play games?

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
i cant believe no one said Morrowind / Oblivion !
lots of options there for both male and female multiplied by many races!

I dont know how many games you've played but if you think about it objectively, there are no real classes as such, and because of the way the skill system works everyone eventually ends up being basically the same anyway.

A class isnt so much about abilities as their limitations. AD&D in Baldurs Gate exemplifies this. D&D 3rd edition in NWN 1 and 2 is also pretty good, but a lot of classes feel the same especially with the wide weapon and armor proficiency's.

mizzou

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2008
if they just like goofing around with stuff maybe try to get them Garry's Mod, but I have no clue how complex it is to actually use

NoSoup4You

Golden Member
Feb 12, 2007
Mass Effect has a solid character creator, Saints Row 2's is also awesome but that game is entirely not rated T.

This one's rather obscure but the character creator is awesome in Top Spin 4, you can make male and female players and the options are tremendous. That's for console only.

KIAman

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2001
Aion has the best manga-based character custimizer I've seen. Search for aion in google images for a quick sample.

Unfortunately the game is an MMORPG.