Good books for person diagnosed with cancer?

Leros

Lifer
Jul 11, 2004
My mother recently got diagnosed with breast cancer. The doctors seems to have found other possibly cancerous regions in her thyroid, uterus, and liver (not sure about this one). Despite the statistics the doctors are telling her, she is convinced that she is going to die. Both her mother and her sister had similiar battles with cancer and survived, so we are hoping for the best.

She just started chemotherapy and is absolutely hating the whole process. People have been giving her books to try to boost her confidence, but they all have some kind of religious undertone and this just makes her angry( she is agnostic and doesn't like people impressing their beleifs on her). So...

Anybody know any good books (with no religous undertones) for a woman who is fighting cancer?

Demon-Xanth

Lifer
Feb 15, 2000
Originally posted by: Brackis
The power of one... good fvcking read regardless.
Best of luck to her :heart:

Good book, but whoever wrote the cover odviously watched the movie.

maximus maximus

Platinum Member
Oct 17, 2004
I do not know any good books, but I just wanted to wish your mother good luck with her fight against Cancer.

My best wishes and god bless.

Mrvile

Lifer
Oct 16, 2004
Tuesdays With Morrie and The Five People You Meet In Heaven by Mitch Albom are great moral boosters and good reads too.