Good batches\pack dates of P4B 2.26B, anybody knows?

ASRaiven

Jun 20, 2002
Im going to order a P4B2.26 CPU,,u have option to request the pack date\series\S code\ batch which i want..anybode know whith are the best?

Duvie

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2001
Where is this place at????

I think it all is a bit of luck but I would imagine the newer the better. Intel is probably only getting better yields as time goes on and these chips need to start ramping up to 2.66 and 2.8ghz....

I got a 1.6 here that can load windows and run things at 2.88ghz....runs tons of apps and benchmarks at 2.8ghz, but unfortunatley I think 1.78v is more then I want to go or produces more then heat then I want to deal with.

I haven't been hearing any major ocing by these 2.26 and 2.4ghz p4b models which makes me think my chip which was packed on 5/16 is likely from the same lot and you have about as much of a chance of getting to 2.88 as I did.

Do some more research on what ppl are even getting. It doesn't take anything special for Intel to produce a 133fsb chip or a 100fsb chip. The stepping is natural as they need to start producing chips that will continue to ramp the p4 up to higher clock speeds.

1.6ghz chip cost me 136 dollars when at the same time I could of gotten a 2.26ghz chip that cost 270 dollars....1/2 as much and I knew likely the 2.26ghz would not deliver as much or be to the point where limiting factors of the board could hamper an oc anyways.

OCING IS JUST LUCK OF THE DRAW!!!!!

ASRaiven

Jun 20, 2002
The local shop, nice- right? :)
So i will try to get one with late date..whats about the ver? will 003 is the best? :)

Duvie

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2001
You got me on the 003, but I now that is what again is listed on my 1.6a northwood........

I am only saying if you plan on ocing the heck out of this thing...save your money...If little or no ocing then have fun with your new 2.26ghz chip....