Question Good article focusing on Lisa Su at CNN

chrisjames61

Dec 31, 2013
A little tidbit- "AMD's products are so convincing that the US Department of Energy chose AMD's chips to power its supercomputer project at the Oak Ridge National Laboratory in Tennessee. Its technology will also help to power the upcoming exascale class supercomputer at the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, the kind of high performance computer crucial for nuclear deterrence."

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/27/tech/lisa-su-amd-risk-takers/index.html

Reactions: lightmanek

DrMrLordX

Lifer
Apr 27, 2000
It's a nice article. Kind of paves over some important stuff, but that is no surprise. AMD's path to redemption was long and complex. And they aren't yet done.

Also makes me cringe when media idiots keep playing up 5G as being something huge, which it really isn't. Not for business. Definitely not for server rooms.

chrisjames61

Dec 31, 2013
It's a nice article. Kind of paves over some important stuff, but that is no surprise. AMD's path to redemption was long and complex. And they aren't yet done.

Also makes me cringe when media idiots keep playing up 5G as being something huge, which it really isn't. Not for business. Definitely not for server rooms.

Most people in the media don't have a clue about the things they report on. It is a shame. Oh, and I agree on AMD. Dark days from at least 2011 to 2017 when Ryzen was finally shipping. That they held it together to see Ryzen coming to fruition was a minor miracle.