Gonna be a groomsman...any advice?

pyonir

Lifer
Dec 18, 2001
Make sure you are "zipped up". Other than that...relax. You aren't the one getting one vagina for the rest of your life. have a good time.

GagHalfrunt

Lifer
Apr 19, 2001
Yes, your duty is to make sure the groom remains drunk at all times. Usually the Best Man handles that, but you need to be ready to step in if he fails. Other than that, relax and try to nail the hottest bridesmaid.

Excelsior

Lifer
May 30, 2002
Originally posted by: Beau
Originally posted by: Excelsior
Any advice for a first time groomsman?

Are any of the bridesmaids hot?

Thats a big 10-4. Out of the 6-7, at least 2 are out of the picture (sister and sister in law), the other one I had slept with when i was younger at one of my sisters sleepovers but she has a boyfriend now so I wouldn't want to get involed with her now, and Im not sure about the rest but Im pretty sure they are gonna look good.

Beau

Lifer
Jun 25, 2001
www.beauscott.com
Originally posted by: Beau

Are any of the bridesmaids hot?

Thats a big 10-4. Out of the 6-7, at least 2 are out of the picture (sister and sister in law), the other one I had slept with when i was younger at one of my sisters sleepovers but she has a boyfriend now so I wouldn't want to get involed with her now, and Im not sure about the rest but Im pretty sure they are gonna look good.

My advice is to hit it -- Twice if the wedding's on a Sunday.

pyonir

Lifer
Dec 18, 2001
You aren't in the south are ya? If you are, make sure you don't get so drunk you do your sister.

;)

Garet Jax

Diamond Member
Feb 21, 2000

(When I say your ----> it means the entire wedding party)

It is your job to keep the bride and groom as relaxed as possible for their special day. Try to do as much as possible to help them out with the last minute things. Keep them as insulated as possible from things that go wrong.

Also, if they have an open mic at the reception it is your responsibility (along with the MC) to provide stories and other tidbits to the crowd if the crowd isn't participating.

amnesiac

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
Hints:

If you don't hook up with a bridesmaid or a friend of a bridesmaid, you are either hopeless or ugly -- or both!
This is the bride & groom's special day. Don't steal the show by making an ass out of yourself by drunken table dancing at the reception.
If you are not the best man or of some very special significance to both bride/groom, don't try to make a speech. It's not your place.

Gaard

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2002
Take some Gas-X a couple of hours before the reception. It's pretty embarrassing when the one that escapes during the groomsmen/bridesmaids dance is loud enough that the chic you're dancing with gives you a disgusted look...and doesn't talk to you the rest of the night. :)

Excelsior

Lifer
May 30, 2002
Originally posted by: amnesiac
Hints:

If you don't hook up with a bridesmaid or a friend of a bridesmaid, you are either hopeless or ugly -- or both!
This is the bride & groom's special day. Don't steal the show by making an ass out of yourself by drunken table dancing at the reception.
If you are not the best man or of some very special significance to both bride/groom, don't try to make a speech. It's not your place.

Well Im not ugly IMO, but the fact is, all of the bridesmaids who are available are at least 4 years older than me. The friends, however, is another story ( dont know about them, will just have to see).

BDawg

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000
When you're standing up front, do not lock your knees. I've seen people pass out from that.

Excelsior

Lifer
May 30, 2002
Originally posted by: pyonir
You aren't in the south are ya? If you are, make sure you don't get so drunk you do your sister.

;)

In the south? If Charlotte, North Carolina is the south, then yes ;). The groom's family sold Goody's Headache Powder or something like that. Needless to say, they have some money. That is the downside though since they wont be as much fun compared to something less formal. But then again, all the women will have their teeth. I doubt I will ever, ever, get drunk enough to make a move on my sister. Nothing would ever make me do that. The grooms sister though, she is fairgame.