Golgatha has moved...

Golgatha

Lifer
Jul 18, 2003
Hey all,

Just wanted to let you know my PPD will be irregular because I'm in the middle of moving. I've spent the last couple of days hefting big bulky stuff over to my new abode, but I'm keeping my Internet connection live until I have some wiring and Uverse installed at my new place. The folding boxen are now corralled downstairs at my old place, so hopefully my PPD will be as good as ever from here forward.

Don't really know why I'm posting this other than to let everyone share in my toils over the last couple of days.

Sincerely yours,

A tired but very happy to have the moving done, Golgatha :)

Golgatha

Lifer
Jul 18, 2003
Time for phase 2. Relocate the boxen and get Internet established at my new residence ASAP. Sorry team, no PPD from me for awhile. :(

Golgatha

Lifer
Jul 18, 2003
OMG wiring a house that's completely finished SUCKS!!!

On a happier note, I have a cable modem now and I'm about done with the CAT6 pulls.

PCTC2

Diamond Member
Feb 18, 2007
OMG wiring a house that's completely finished SUCKS!!!

On a happier note, I have a cable modem now and I'm about done with the CAT6 pulls.

I agree, but luckily I'm in an apartment. I moved a few weeks ago and getting everything set up nicely without voiding my lease was tough. I ending up resorting to an Wireless-N bridge for half of my computers and the rest are all gigabit wired. I'm kinda disappointed with 7MB/s (56Mbit) for the bridge so I may just end up trying to wire CAT6 somehow. I got spoiled from gigabit in my old apartment (easier to wire). I replaced 2 of the phone plates with RJ45 and CAT6 between rooms (I'll just put the RJ11 ports back in when I move, and rewire to the phone again).. I also got 18Mbit U-Verse. I can't wait until December to crunch again.

Golgatha

Lifer
Jul 18, 2003
I agree, but luckily I'm in an apartment. I moved a few weeks ago and getting everything set up nicely without voiding my lease was tough. I ending up resorting to an Wireless-N bridge for half of my computers and the rest are all gigabit wired. I'm kinda disappointed with 7MB/s (56Mbit) for the bridge so I may just end up trying to wire CAT6 somehow. I got spoiled from gigabit in my old apartment (easier to wire). I replaced 2 of the phone plates with RJ45 and CAT6 between rooms (I'll just put the RJ11 ports back in when I move, and rewire to the phone again).. I also got 18Mbit U-Verse. I can't wait until December to crunch again.

I don't have to worry about voiding leases. I just have to make sure everything is to building codes :). I wired a bunch of short Cat6 pulls for my computer room and rewired a couple of phone jacks in the basement, which pleasantly had Cat5e used for their wiring so I only needed to change the jacks out for network jacks and punch them down.

Although this has nothing to do with Folding@Home, I also trimmed up some existing RG6 (coaxial) lines for the house, and added a couple of extra lines to what was there for downstairs. I am now an official RG6 terminating fool. I'll have to post some pics later, as I'm quite impressed with myself right now for getting what I got done in a couple of days.