Golf? Hockey? Come play!

fustercluck

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2002
One of my all time favorite golf games is a demo with only 9 holes called "Golf?" - Even though it's just a short demo and development stopped on the game shortly after it's release (around 2005 i think), I played a shitload of it. It's like no other golf game (or any game) out there and fun to play. I like to fire it up every now and again when I'm bored. Can play with others but need an IP address.

Also, I just checked out their site today and they have a new game out (first update in over 6 years) called "Hockey?", i tried it out and it's going to take A LOT of getting used to (unlike Golf? which you can get the hang of really quick), I could see it being fun with multiple people.

Try em out, they are free after all and small in file size. If these games get some fans here maybe we can get some games going. JUST MAYBE.

Karstein

Mar 31, 2011
Last year I played Hockey? a lot. It's a fine blend of raw gameplay, a high mastery ceiling and a generous level of stupidity. I highly recommend giving it a shot if you haven't tried it yet, but bring a bucket of patience with you.

n7

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2004
Yeah i grabbed hockey and gave up very fast.

Perhaps i'll retry it again another time when i have a LOT more patience.

Okay, what that means is that it's extremely unlikely i'll ever launch it again...but looks interesting.

fustercluck

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2002
Well I never played hockey after the first time, just not real interested. I do still like the Golf one a lot. Another game I play a lot that no one else in the world plays is Virtual Pool 3. Damned abandonware! I guess it's mostly that older games are inconvenient when trying to play online compared to games on Steam these days which you can fire up and play with others across the world in a couple of clicks.

edit: I'll be damned, just googled around out of curiosity and Virtual Pool 4 is due to release. Just 13 years after virtual pool 3! It's like Diablo 2 & 3. Somehow after 13 years, Virtual Pool 3 still looks better graphically than Virtual pool 4 does (just saw a trailer) :p

Last edited:

BlueWeasel

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
Wow, Golf? is really fun. Ugly as sin, but the gameplay shines.

We used to play the hell out of VP3 on the office LAN.