Goldman Sachs - Executive Compensation

johnjbruin

Diamond Member
Jul 17, 2001
Very amazing numbers. Best performance of wall street. Simply amazing.

When Goldman Sachs disclosed that it would pay Lloyd C. Blankfein, its chairman and chief executive, a $53.7 million bonus for 2006, heads turned on Wall Street and beyond. Even in a year of plenty for financial firms, Mr. Blankfein?s paycheck set a record for Wall Street chiefs. Now it appears that the new runners-up in the compensation race are Mr. Blankfein?s own lieutenants.

Goldman Sachs said in a regulatory filing Wednesday that it had paid Gary D. Cohn and Jon Winkelried, the firm?s co-presidents and co-chief operating officers, about $52.5 million each in bonuses for its 2006 fiscal year.

That figure includes $26.7 million in cash bonuses, $15.4 million in restricted stock and what the bank estimated was $10.3 million worth of stock options.

Article

Link to SEC Filing

Aug 23, 2000
And who says services aren't over priced. Where are the bonuses for the people that actually worked with "customers" and made that money for the company?

iamwiz82

Lifer
Jan 10, 2001
They deserve it, they had record profits last year, even though the average employee makes $600,000 there.

SacrosanctFiend

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
Originally posted by: JeffreyLebowski
And who says services aren't over priced. Where are the bonuses for the people that actually worked with "customers" and made that money for the company?

I don't think they deserve as much money as someone who runs the entire damn company. But, hey, my opinion doesn't mean much.

iamwiz82

Lifer
Jan 10, 2001
Originally posted by: SuperNaruto
not true.. ur avg joe schmo back office right out of college did not make 600k

Obviously the definition of the word "average" eludes you.

GTaudiophile

Lifer
Oct 24, 2000

My best friend was hired out of college by GS. I think he started in the mid-100s. He's been there about 4 years now and makes circa. mid-300s and (additionally) gets over $100K in bonuses per year. And he's not even a VP yet. I think he'll hit VP this year and his salary will jump to like $750K a year I think.

Special K

Diamond Member
Jun 18, 2000
Originally posted by: iamwiz82
They deserve it, they had record profits last year, even though the average employee makes $600,000 there.

If it's that easy then why isn't everyone working in this industry?

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000

Obviously the definition of the word "average" eludes you.

look at his post. Does the fact he does not understand what "avarage" is?

BigJ

Lifer
Nov 18, 2001
Originally posted by: Special K

I think his point was that even though they pay their employees so much, they still continue to have record profits. As opposed to cutting salaries to try to maximize profits.

iamwiz82

Lifer
Jan 10, 2001
Originally posted by: BigJ

I think his point was that even though they pay their employees so much, they still continue to have record profits. As opposed to cutting salaries to try to maximize profits.

Exactly. Either they are very good at what they do, or they cheat very well. :p

thegimp03

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2004

Obviously, there are certain drawbacks. I have friends in i-banking and they work 85 hours a week on average and they have worked 100-115 before. Yeah, they make a ton of money, relative to most other people, but the toll it takes on their personal life is amazing. They have none.

jman19

Lifer
Nov 3, 2000

And how is the company noob the "avg" employee, exactly?