Golden Globe winners

Xstatic1

Diamond Member
Sep 20, 2006
Complete list of winners of the 65th annual Golden Globes announced Sunday at a news conference held by the Hollywood Foreign Press Association in Beverly Hills, Calif.:

Motion pictures:

* Picture, Drama: ?Atonement.?
* Actress, Drama: Julie Christie, ?Away From Her.?
* Actor, Drama: Daniel Day-Lewis, ?There Will Be Blood.?
* Picture, Musical or Comedy: ?Sweeney Todd.?
* Actress, Musical or Comedy: Marion Cotillard, ?La Vie En Rose.?
* Actor, Musical or Comedy: Johnny Depp, ?Sweeney Todd.?
* Supporting Actress: Cate Blanchett, ?I?m Not There.?
* Supporting Actor: Javier Bardem, ?No Country for Old Men.?
* Director: Julian Schnabel, ?The Diving Bell and the Butterfly.?
* Screenplay: Ethan Coen and Joel Coen, ?No Country for Old Men.?
* Foreign Language: ?The Diving Bell and the Butterfly,? France and U.S.
* Animated Film: ?Ratatouille.?
* Original Score: Dario Marianelli, ?Atonement.?
* Original Song: ?Guaranteed? from ?Into the Wild.?

Television:

* Series, Drama: ?Mad Men,? AMC.
* Actress, Drama: Glenn Close, ?Damages.?
* Actor, Drama: Jon Hamm, ?Mad Men.?
* Series, Musical or Comedy: ?Extras,? HBO.
* Actress, Musical or Comedy: Tina Fey, ?30 Rock?
* Actor, Musical or Comedy: David Duchovny, ?Californication.?
* Miniseries or Movie: ?Longford,? HBO.
* Actress, Miniseries or Movie: Queen Latifah, ?Life Support.?
* Actor, Miniseries or Movie: Jim Broadbent, ?Longford.?
* Supporting Actress, Series, Miniseries or Movie: Samantha Morton, ?Longford.?
* Supporting Actor, Series, Miniseries or Movie: Jeremy Piven, ?Entourage.?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22641665/

UPDATE: Jan 14, 2008: pics of previous years' Red Carpet

mooglemania85

Diamond Member
May 3, 2007
"Nobody calls a loser." :laugh:

Reactions to the Golden Globe Awards
By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
Published: January 13, 2008

Filed at 10:50 p.m. ET

Reactions to the 65th annual Golden Globe Awards, announced Sunday at a news conference held by the Hollywood Foreign Press Association in Beverly Hills, Calif.:

''I kinda didn't want to watch, it would just make me tense or nervous, so I went out to see a movie at four (o'clock) and I knew I wouldn't be home until it was announced. I knew if my phone was ringing when I walked into my hotel room that I would have won. And it was. Nobody calls a loser.'' -- David Duchovny on how he learned he had won the Golden Globe for best actor in a TV series, musical or comedy for ''Californication.''

------

''There is not a star to be found.'' -- Billy Bush of ''Access Hollywood,'' on the Golden Globe nominees who stayed away from the event's strike-shortened news conference.

------

''We want to say to Jorge, we think you should be negotiating the writers' strike. Because if you can get `Entertainment Tonight,' `The Insider,' `Inside Edition' and `Extra' on one stage, you can do anything.'' -- Dayna Devon of ''Extra,'' referring to Hollywood Foreign Press Association President Jorge Camara, who decided to have this year's winners announced by representatives of those and other shows.

------

''Rest assured that next year the Golden Globes will be back bigger and better than ever.'' -- Hollywood Foreign Press Association President Jorge Camara wrapping up the 30-minute news conference that substituted for the strike-canceled Golden Globe Awards show.

------

''This is a picture we love. It's finding its place in the U.S. and in movie history. We're thrilled.'' -- James Schamus, co-president of Focus Features, whose film ''Atonement'' won the Golden Globe for best drama.

------

''And yes, I yearn for the days of Jack Nicholson mooning the Golden Globes, Christine Lahti getting locked in the bathroom. But we have that for next year.'' -- Mary Hart of ''Entertainment Tonight,'' who announced some of this year's Golden Globe winners during the event's strike-shortened news conference.

------

''At the end of the day it's a woman imitating a man.'' -- Billy Bush of ''Access Hollywood,'' expressing surprise after announcing that Cate Blanchett had won the supporting actress award in a motion picture for her portrayal of Bob Dylan in ''I'm Not There.''

------

''Thank you to the Hollywood Foreign Press! It is a great honor to have been recognized with this award in a time when there are so many outstanding performances in this category.'' -- Javier Bardem, in a statement e-mailed after learning he had won the supporting actor award in a motion picture for ''No Country for Old Men.''

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
Originally posted by: Xstatic1
Originally posted by: RossMAN
Originally posted by: Xstatic1

Television:

* Series, Drama: ?Mad Men,? AMC.
* Actor, Drama: Jon Hamm, ?Mad Men.?

http://www.amctv.com/originals/madmen/

What an awesome show, I'm sure it would be a lot more popular if it was on FX, USA, or TNT.

considering u're also a "The Unit" fan :p, i'll definitely look into it.

It's a whole different genre show but the writing/acting is just superb.