GOLD!!!

ICXRa

Diamond Member
Jan 8, 2001
News from Planetunreal:

Mark Rein has made a forum post stating that UT 2003 has gone gold! It?s already off being manufactured and put into neat little boxes as you read this. A shortened version of the forum post is below.
Just before 5AM Eastern Standard Time this morning we shipped the release version of Unreal Tournament 2003 to manufacturing. It should be in production later today and in stores before the end of the month. We want to thank everyone on the forum for all of the valuable feedback. In the week since we shipped the demo we worked pretty much non-stop to squash a lot of bugs and incorporate some of the great feedback we got from players all around the world.

UT2003 is a 3 CD set. Of course you know it?s a huge game with a ton of content (over 35 levels), great characters, awesome gametypes, incredible AI, cool mutators, etc. But there?s also some great tools including the following:

Maya Personal Learning Edition
The Karma Authoring Tool (KAT)
UPaint
The Unreal Editor 3.0
The UnrealScript Real Time Debugger
A fully working Karma-enhanced vehicle and a test level to
Here's some additional info on the Linux version (also from the forum post):
The Linux installer is included on Disc 3 of the 3 CD set! We support both client and server for Linux. Unfortunately there's no mention of Linux on the box because we didn't know it would be done in time so please tell all your Linux gaming friends that UT2003 is ready for them!
w00t!!:D

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Any idea when Unreal2 will be out? I loved the original. :)

Doh... Just found this... Unreal2 Delayed :( Oh well, I'll bet it still arrives before Duke Nukem Forever...
rolleye.gif

Swanny

Diamond Member
Mar 29, 2001
I liked UT way better than the original Unreal, so I'm glad they're releasing in this order. Can't wait to find my copy of 2K3

deerslayer

Lifer
Jan 15, 2001
Gonna have to break down and update my video card so I can get sufficient satisfaction from this game :D

panhead49

Golden Member
Jan 27, 2001

Gonna have to break down and update my video card so I can get sufficient satisfaction from this game

kinda sucks when you payed 300+ on a geforce 3 back when ....and you have to upgrade to play the new games without chop or shudder......o well......gotta do what you gotta do.....