Going to the gym for the first time tomorrow.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

GL

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
To help with the muscle soreness, I suggest an over the counter cream called Myoflex. Get the extra strength format, and follow the directions. It doesn't work wonders but on those days where you feel like Hans and Frans from SNL because you can't move your arms and walk like a stiff board, it'll help you cope. Once you get into the swing of things, you won't have to use it anymore.

Spamela

Diamond Member
Oct 30, 2000
if your main goal is to lose weight, then you should emphasize aerobics (treadmill, bike machine, step machine, etc.). you can lose weight, or at least look thinner, by weightlifting alone, but not if you want to lose 40 lbs.

Peetoeng

Golden Member
Dec 21, 2000

I like to pick the second row treadmill so I have something to occasionally appreciate and give me incentive to stay longer.

To feel sore in the first several weeks is normal. Allow sufficient time for your body to recuperate (exercise twice a week). As you progress, your body would recuperate faster, so you can do more exercise and more frequently.

Good luck!