Going to play Crysis again, which mods should I get?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Stringjam

Golden Member
Jun 30, 2011
Ok, so it's absolutely necessary that I DON'T load a previously saved game? Even after deleting the shaderscache.pack and the shaders folders? If so, how do I load a level? I'm near the beginning of the game, just after investigating the KPA command post and going up to the communications post thingy.

It is recommended that you load a new level. If you can take over a saved game and it works, then go ahead......I'm not sure why it is usually recommended to start a new level but it typically is (probably has something to do with how the saved game references files....maybe somebody who knows better will chime in).

Here's how you load up any level in Crysis:

All of your levels are located in ../Crytek/Crysis/Game/Levels. Take a look to see all the level names (relic, core, fleet, etc..). These are the map names.

When you start up Crysis, you need to access the console by hitting the "~" key (right above Tab if you've never used it).

After the console is open, type con_restricted 0. Hit enter, and then type map "mapname" where "mapname" is the name of the level folder. So if you wanted to start the level "island," you would just type in map island.