going to nightshift for the first time ever

JJChicken

Diamond Member
Apr 9, 2007
Only tip I have is if its only a once off shift (e.g. you don't have to do it tomorrow night or the night after etc), don't sleep tomorrow day and then sleep tomorrow night. It'll fix up your body clock for you. I try to do that when I don't sleep on a night.

JohnCU

Banned
Dec 9, 2000
Originally posted by: Barack Obama
Only tip I have is if its only a once off shift (e.g. you don't have to do it tomorrow night or the night after etc), don't sleep tomorrow day and then sleep tomorrow night. It'll fix up your body clock for you. I try to do that when I don't sleep on a night.

it's for 4 days

JohnCU

Banned
Dec 9, 2000
Originally posted by: TheVrolok
Only 4 days? Then back to days?

well, it looks more like 4 days night, off one day, then 4 days night again then back to days

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
Originally posted by: JohnCU
Originally posted by: TheVrolok
Only 4 days? Then back to days?

well, it looks more like 4 days night, off one day, then 4 days night again then back to days

Ah. Honestly, I'd say a lot has to do with when you eat. You need to switch your meal times to be appropriate with being awake at night. This is the best advice I got from my uncle (who is a business traveler - usually hits 2 different countries a week) when I went to nights.

SeaSerpent

Platinum Member
Sep 24, 2001
I cover my bedroom windows with blankets, keeping it dark helps me sleep during the day...been on night shift for 10 years.