Going to have Laser Eyes surgery soon. Need input on people who had it done.

Jgtdragon

Diamond Member
May 15, 2000
I went to seen four doctors and had my eyes exam for Laser eye surgery. I am qualify for Lasik and PRK. I have decided to do wavefront PRK and so I don't have to deal with flap issues. If you had it done and you got bad experience please speak up before I do it in January. :)

Thanks!

lokiju

Lifer
May 29, 2003
I had 3d lasik or whatever they called it.

I had it done in 2003 and haven't had any major complaints, my eyes get dry at night and my night vision isn't the best but it's no worse than it was wearing contacts either.

Good luck.

I have said and still feel that it's the best money I've ever spent (except for my fiancee's engagement ring of course ;))

neovan

Diamond Member
Mar 8, 2001
My wife got a done about 4 months ago. She got Lasek done and it took less than 20 mins. She use to have 20/40 vision and just went to the Dr. again to evaluate and they said she has 20/20 now.

Jgtdragon

Diamond Member
May 15, 2000
I guess its good that no one replies with bad experience or maybe they became blind :-D

LordSnailz

Diamond Member
Nov 2, 1999
oh crap! you're in san jose, I was looking for a good dr. around the area.
Did you do any research on who's the best in the area?

Jgtdragon

Diamond Member
May 15, 2000
Originally posted by: LordSnailz
oh crap! you're in san jose, I was looking for a good dr. around the area.
Did you do any research on who's the best in the area?

I went to four places. I just changed my decision and went with the 49ers' eye doctor for the procedure. He did it for Bill Walsh and Terrell Owens.

drewdogg808

Golden Member
Oct 1, 2000
I had it done about 3 years ago. Had extreme dry eyes for 9-10 months. Was pretty miserable during that time and not happy. But it finally improved and now I'm pretty happy with the results. One eye is slightly clearer than the other, but hard to tell with both eyes open.

I can give you more detailed or technical information if interested via PM. I'm an optometrist btw...

AndrewR

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I had PRK in July, and the recovery sucked for a few days afterwards. The actual surgery was nothing. Two days after the surgery, I was in constant, severe pain that wasn't helped all that much by the Percocet. Three days after the surgery, the pain was better, but my eyesight was so blurry that I could not see anything! Fortunately, that was the low point.

Since then, I've had intermittant problems with slight doublevision out of one eye from pinpoint light sources at night. It is fairly mild and improving so I hardly notice it. The amount of drops you have to use can be a pain in the butt, but I only had to do them for two months.

HOWEVER, I now see 20/15 in both eyes, and it's freaking amazing! One of the best things that I've ever had done. The trouble is worth it -- good luck to you.