Going to get my driver's license tomorrow *Update: Failed*

idNut

Diamond Member
Jun 9, 2002
Well, it's finally come down to it. My learner's permit is about to expire (May 31st) so if I fail this test I have to wait a week and I'll have to renew my permit. It's taken a long time for me to get my license. Originally I was supposed to get my permit on my b-day in October, didn't happen. Waited eight months because of my dad to get my permit then it took almost an entire year to get him to let me to drive and finally make an appointment. If I don't get it tomorrow (May 27th), I'm going to be severely pissed off. Wish me luck.

pennylane

Diamond Member
Apr 28, 2002
Good luck. I got mine when I was 17 too. (Hey, I'm still 17... whaddayaknow) It's been a little over 6 months though.

Ciber

Platinum Member
Nov 20, 2000
At least you're not me.

21 without a license or permit, by choice of course.

Think i'll get off my ass and get a permit soon.... But having to go into a packed DMV in NYC......

idNut

Diamond Member
Jun 9, 2002
Originally posted by: Ciber
At least you're not me.

21 without a license or permit, by choice of course.

Think i'll get off my ass and get a permit soon.... But having to go into a packed DMV in NYC......

Well, I think NYC is another story. I think that'd be a luxury not having to drive with so much public transportation.

Zugzwang152

Lifer
Oct 30, 2001
heh good luck. i fondly remember getting my license for the first time which wasn't too long ago :Q ... i got the maximum number of point off, but i pass on my first try. :D

chin311

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2003
good luck, its not hard if ya know how to drive, just remember all the little things like blinkers, COMPLETE stops, blah blah....

KthxBye

Aug 7, 2001
Just be ready for the hazing. I'm sure it varies from state to state, but around here you have to chug a beer and let the dmv guy paddle you 10 times.

hollowman

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2001
good luck and drive slow. i failed my first test because i was too comfortable driving and i went over the speedlimit by 3-5mph. oh also because i cranked the car without the dmv dude's permission. ;)

Eli

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: KthxBye
Just be ready for the hazing. I'm sure it varies from state to state, but around here you have to chug a beer and let the dmv guy paddle you 10 times.
:Q

idNut

Diamond Member
Jun 9, 2002
Yep, I screwed up, big time. All kinds of stupid sh!t like looking over my shoulder, not coming to a complete stop at a stop sign, and two major times where I didn't follow directions. :(

Spac3d

Banned
Jul 3, 2001
Originally posted by: idNut
Yep, I screwed up, big time. All kinds of stupid sh!t like looking over my shoulder, not coming to a complete stop at a stop sign, and two major times where I didn't follow directions. :(
WTF? If you can't do that, I am glad you aren't on the road. You sound like a dangerous driver... to say it lightly.

MacBaine

Banned
Aug 23, 2001

Sounds like you were too comfortable driving. You need to drive like a little old woman to get it.

Zim Hosein

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Super Moderator
Nov 27, 1999

:(

Sorry to heat that idNut, but if you can't pass the drivers test, I'm glad you're not on the road w/ me :)

Yossarian

Lifer
Dec 26, 2000
Hey don't worry about it, you'll get it next time. I'm sure you'll never forget to do that stuff on the next test. How did you not follow directions?

MacBaine

Banned
Aug 23, 2001
Next time just drive off the route to an alley somewhere with the instructor and do horrible things until you get it.

aswedc

Diamond Member
Oct 25, 2000
I see you're in PA...if you live near the Philadelphia area, try for the Bortondale testing center. If you've got the parallel park down, the rest of the test is ridiculously easy. Sounds like you don't have much experience though, do you actually have the 50 required hours behind the wheel?