Going to get close to a civil war

Page 8 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
197 House Republicans Reject Impeachment Of Trump, Blaming Democrats For The Chaos

If it isn't Trump, as the JCS made a direct warning against threatening the peaceful transfer of power to President Biden on Jan 20th, and Trump has been fairly tame in his recent addresses, then the threat we face will carry on for generations to come. First, in the halls of Congress as the two parties fight endlessly for a power neither can truly wield. For things they cannot ever achieve. To balm a broken people they cannot ever heal.

To the people desperate for salvation from the pillaged destitution of trickle down Reaganomics. Beware those with nothing left to lose. They won't just break some day. They are cracking and breaking a little more each and every day. The value they place on peace is fading as logic and reasoning give way to despair and madness. The GAP is filling our people with a void that gnaws at the fabric of our society. The Religion that is Trumpism will be with us for the rest of our lives. It may rebrand, it may rename, but we will know it for the faith based zealotry looking for scapegoats and messiahs.

America will taste the bitter sting of extremism ere long. As we fade into dust, only time stands between us and the utter ruin that awaits all crumbling civs.

Trump was just a foostep towards death's door. He was not the first and he will not be the last. Many more will follow.

• Wow
Reactions: gothuevos

Wreckem

Diamond Member
Sep 23, 2006
are they worried because someone specifically said they were gonna burn jew homes or are they worried because of baseless paranoia?
There were apparently a lot posts on Parler about killing Jewish and Black Americans next week before the site was taken down. Dating before and after the insurrection at the Capitol. Essentially Amazon yanked Parler because Parler was essentially being used to try to start a purge of everyone but white conservatives. Now that shit is on Gab and Telegram.

Last edited:

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
197 House Republicans Reject Impeachment Of Trump, Blaming Democrats For The Chaos

If it isn't Trump, as the JCS made a direct warning against threatening the peaceful transfer of power to President Biden on Jan 20th, and Trump has been fairly tame in his recent addresses, then the threat we face will carry on for generations to come. First, in the halls of Congress as the two parties fight endlessly for a power neither can truly wield. For things they cannot ever achieve. To balm a broken people they cannot ever heal.

To the people desperate for salvation from the pillaged destitution of trickle down Reaganomics. Beware those with nothing left to lose. They won't just break some day. They are cracking and breaking a little more each and every day. The value they place on peace is fading as logic and reasoning give way to despair and madness. The GAP is filling our people with a void that gnaws at the fabric of our society. The Religion that is Trumpism will be with us for the rest of our lives. It may rebrand, it may rename, but we will know it for the faith based zealotry looking for scapegoats and messiahs.

America will taste the bitter sting of extremism ere long. As we fade into dust, only time stands between us and the utter ruin that awaits all crumbling civs.

Trump was just a foostep towards death's door. He was not the first and he will not be the last. Many more will follow.

It should be crystal clear at this point that Trump will not prevail. But do go on, you cute little Cassandra. Doom! We're doomed!

No, we're not. I do enjoy the bullshit from the usual GOP suspects, however. That little incitement to insurrection thing? Can't y'all let that go? Just for a week? Can't we all get along? C'mon, let's sing Kumbaya & work together!

Last edited:

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
It should be crystal clear at this point that Trump will not prevail. But do go on, you cute little Cassandra. Doom! We're doomed!

Everything I said began with the predication that Trump will not prevail. The notion is that, neither will we.
Not that you cared to listen as to why.

Reactions: gothuevos

NWRMidnight

Platinum Member
Jun 18, 2001
It remains to be seen how hard they'll work to get themselves killed.
Why are people stuck on the impression that a Civil War is citizen's against the government/military. (not that you do). It's citizens against citizens. Many innocent citizens may get killed before they are stopped. Specially if you read some of the stuff that Amazon has posted from Parler. It's not just going to be in the capitals at government buildings.

Last edited:

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Everything I said began with the predication that Trump will not prevail. The notion is that, neither will we.

Oh, I hear you, and so do a lot of other people. What do you think Biden meant when he told wealthy backers "We all know what needs to be done", anyway?

Heartbreaker

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2006

What do you mean by prevail? Utopia isn't going to happen, and Fox will keep playing Pravda for the sociopaths in the GOP. Everyone already knew that.

The next couple of weeks might be tense, but in the medium term it should be better without an absolute psycho like Trump giving cover and love to the Nazi groups, and actively destroying every government institution.

Long term, not just the USA, but the world faces a problem we are going to have to come to terms with. In the digital age crazy conspiracy theories give rise to extremist thinking very easily, and right wing extremism is rising everywhere. The USA maybe leapfrogged ahead because Fox as been beating this drum for decades, and they happened to fall for malignant narcissistic sociopath as leader.

I can see other countries coming up with solutions before the USA because the aren't as fixated on Freedumb, and will find compromise between freedom of speech, and limiting toxic lies that can devastate the common good.

Reactions: iRONic and Jaskalas

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
There were apparently a lot posts on Parler about killing Jewish and Black Americans next week before the site was taken down. Dating before and after the insurrection at the Capitol. Essentially Amazon yanked Parler because Parler was essentially being used to try to start a purge of everyone but white conservatives. Now that shit is on Gab and Telegram.
Jesus tapdancing Christ.
Those people really are Nazis.
And just like the first Nazis they honestly believe nothing they do is wrong.

I wonder what we must look like to the rest of the world.

Reactions: Pohemi

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Long term, not just the USA, but the world faces a problem we are going to have to come to terms with....
I can see other countries coming up with solutions before the USA....

There are solutions, but we lack the political function to realize them. Both in social and economic issues.

A stone cold centrist like Biden barely made a dent against the worst President in living history. Actual solutions will require a leap of faith that doesn't seem to sell in the primary - let alone to the public at large. They'd rather eat dirt than pay for their own survival. Could be, as a Republic, we only need to convince Congress and not a majority of Americans - but they are solely fixated on raising funds from Wall Street. The very cause of our systematic economic failure.

So truly America faces no political solution to these woes.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Why does he need to listen to somebody who is certifiably looney???

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
There are 50 states that are going to have issues next week.. Not just the capital.

Fortunately the levels of stupid and crazy in Connecticut are substantially lower then in many States so I doubt I'll be in any immediate danger but this is still a major concern.

If I lived in one of the states which ultimately decided the election I would be battening down the hatchs.

And any Trumpers that try storming the Capital again are going to be on the receiving end of the war they seem to think they want.

but-th%C3%AAnl-wasall-ice-cube-meme-at-first-i-was-53069465.png

EXCEPT they'll only rate being buried in a garbage-bag. :mad:

Last edited:

Heartbreaker

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2006
There are 50 states that are going to have issues next week.. Not just the capital.

There are 50 states that are going to be prepared next week.

I'd be shocked if more than a handful had issues more pressing than some limp protests.

All the hardcore crazies are going to focused on stopping the Inauguration in DC.

Even then I expect that will be minimal issues. Because unlike Capitol Insurrection, they won't be allowed to assemble a 10000+ strong Mob this time. This time Republican Money bags won't be chartering fleets of buses to move the "troops", and this time the most competent and most sane will stay away because they know that they would basically be committing Suicide.

So what you might have is the most extreme crazy fringe member is relatively small numbers prepared to die in a lost cause.

Reactions: Captante

Stokely

Golden Member
Jun 5, 2017
Here's some fine folks just standing up the man. Proud of them, we should all be.

From this giant archive of streams being saved by Redditors, in which many of these rioters helpfully show their faces in wonderful HD. And it's thanks to the diligent documenting being done by people like Baked Alaska, who should get a medal for putting so many eager faces on video for the authorities. I salute you, sir.

The FBI is going to have a field day. If you were in that building or kicking the crap out of cops and throwing shit, you are screwed.

My takeaway--despite the violent animals in that first vid--almost all these "revolutionaries" are first-rate cowards there to take selfies. Most of them fled at even the thought of mace being used, this wasn't the charge of the light brigade. I'm less worried about "civil war" after watching more than a few of those vids. I doubt the casuals are going to be charging into Guardsmen, leaving just the hardcore terrorists to be shot or captured more easily.

Heartbreaker

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2006

Anyone who wants to dispute calling the mob armed, needs to watch this. It isn't just about guns. They were swinging bats, clubs and heavy poles with what would be bone breaking or skull crushing force. If it weren't for the riot gear, there would be more dead officers.

The FBI is going to have a field day. If you were in that building or kicking the crap out of cops and throwing shit, you are screwed.

Yep, and we don't get to see all the surveillance camera footage they have available, that will fill in any blanks. Those just run 24/7. But yeah thanks for the high res color footage of your own crimes geniuses. If you did anything, live in fear for intervening time until they catch up with you. But no mistake, they will catch up with you.

My takeaway--despite the violent animals in that first vid--almost all these "revolutionaries" are first-rate cowards there to take selfies. Most of them fled at even the thought of mace being used, this wasn't the charge of the light brigade. I'm less worried about "civil war" after watching more than a few of those vids. I doubt the casuals are going to be charging into Guardsmen, leaving just the hardcore terrorists to be shot or captured more easily.

Totally agree.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
The only way the United States is "in trouble" today, this year, is if the military attempts a coup. And given what the JCS stated - that seems highly unlikely. Biden's Inauguration isn't going to be a problem with the military in DC and on his side. When terrorism cannot hit hard targets, they hit soft ones instead. There may be some exchanges in the coming week, but Biden should be safe. Problem is, the violence from and against the alt-right religion has only just begun.

Long term however....
Worst President in living history elicited a "barely there" backlash. I am afraid Americans want more Trumpism, and it will only grow as their religion does.

Stokely

Golden Member
Jun 5, 2017
Correct. The military joining the terrorists en masse, then we have an actual coup.

As I said in the other thread--if these morons take over an empty Capitol building...so fucking what. Arrest them when they run out of food and water if you don't want to battle them at the gates.

There's no outcome to attacking the Capitol or any state Capitol that ends with "victory" for these people. Even if they take them over. They'll just eventually be surrounded and arrested and charged with (even more) crimes. There's no scenario for any actions they take that ends with the government being "taken over." If anyone thinks otherwise, lay it out.

Politically they lose support with any violent action. Democrats gain leverage. "Strategically", holding any building means absolutely nothing. Even the White House. Those are just buildings, and even the people are replaceable, and they won't be replaced by the people these terrorists would like.

Personally I won't shed a tear if they want to treat fortified positions like their own Omaha beach. I only hope the guardsmen stay safe. Best case, a shit-ton of these patriots end up in prison, where they won't be martyrs and won't be free for a long time, if ever. I don't mind footing the bill.

Reactions: Captante and Pohemi

gothuevos

Golden Member
Jul 28, 2010
The only way the United States is "in trouble" today, this year, is if the military attempts a coup. And given what the JCS stated - that seems highly unlikely. Biden's Inauguration isn't going to be a problem with the military in DC and on his side. When terrorism cannot hit hard targets, they hit soft ones instead. There may be some exchanges in the coming week, but Biden should be safe. Problem is, the violence from and against the alt-right religion has only just begun.

Long term however....
Worst President in living history elicited a "barely there" backlash. I am afraid Americans want more Trumpism, and it will only grow as their religion does.

Nailed it.

Malcolm Nance said this a few months ago, he predicted it. He said there would be an Insurrection event followed by years of "insurgency.".

We are in the insurgency phase now. The question is, will it wear down the government enough in the coming years/decades to where it finally does topple over?