Going to get close to a civil war

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
How long before Republicans turn on the military for such a "betrayal"?

Sometime between the muzzle flashes and things going dark/cold?

*please note I DO NOT WISH death on anyone. But if you're actively committing treason by trying to violently stop the inauguration of a duly elected President, and you decide to take on the US Military, things are going to happen.

Reactions: Captante

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
I had a tinge of hope that civil war could be avoided, but after watching the sickening spectacle from house republicans during the impeachment hearing with their still defending the scourge of Donald Trump I can see no other option but for eventual civil war. Republicans just can not see the truth, and Democrats just can not put up with more of this republican hypocrisy. Republicans tried to overthrow the United States government for gods sake and republicans won’t even admit that.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
I had a tinge of hope that civil war could be avoided, but after watching the sickening spectacle from house republicans during the impeachment hearing with their still defending the scourge of Donald Trump I can see no other option but for eventual civil war. Republicans just can not see the truth, and Democrats just can not put up with more of this republican hypocrisy. Republicans tried to overthrow the United States government for gods sake and republicans won’t even admit that.

Not sure why you're surprised sadly... the shock of last Weds wore off quickly.

:(

I was about to tune in this morning and then I decided against it and went for a walk instead.

Reactions: jmagg and Pohemi

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
TWENTY THOUSAND National Guard are to be deployed in DC alone on the 20th.
I can not imagine the vehicles they will have in addition.
Good luck to the "patriots"

I just hope there isn't a Beant Singh among them.

Edit - I'm catastrophising, I know. This past year encourages pessimism.

• Wow
Reactions: gothuevos

Mai72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2012
tbh the only place I've seen it said that civil war is gonna take place in the USA again is right here in P&N. Where in the media are you seeing this?

On YouTube.
tbh the only place I've seen it said that civil war is gonna take place in the USA again is right here in P&N. Where in the media are you seeing this?

On the tube. You Tube to be precise.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
I fully expect the right to seize on this imagery and whip up a frenzy about “Pelosi’s shock troops!!” and “Dems go full fascist on conservatives!!” Just wait for Hannity/Tucker tonight and it will be on a constant loop.

All she is doing is thanking them for their service.
8e681cdb7ccb43117763610684379ebf.jpg
Hannity is the worst kind of scum. I won't comment on Tucker because AFAIK I haven't seen him. I don't watch Fox News, but did catch some clips of Hannity. Disgusting person.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
On YouTube.

On the tube. You Tube to be precise.
Youtube is not "the media," it's a platform for content.

BTW, I hold Nancy Pelosi in very high regard. Did you see the interview that Leslie Stahl did of her on 60 Minutes Sunday? Up front and on point, she's no liar/prevaricator. Stahl was armed with some prepared javelins (some, WTF ) but Nancy parried them readily and without animosity.

Reactions: Captante and iRONic

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004

But you overthrew it when you stole the election! #MAGA2020!!!!

Eh?

• Haha
Reactions: Pohemi

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
I was about to tune in this morning and then I decided against it and went for a walk instead.

That is the right attitude. Fresh air, nature, twirling around and tossing up your hat like Mary Tyler Moore. The deer and the Antelope have no idea impeachment is happening nor do they care. Aww... the beauties of nature.;)

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
That is the right attitude. Fresh air, nature, twirling around and tossing up your hat like Mary Tyler Moore. The deer and the Antelope have no idea impeachment is happening nor do they care. Aww... the beauties of nature.;)

It WAS kinda scary out there ... so bright it burns us precious !!!! :p

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
BBC reporting just mentioned that there are now more US troops deployed in DC than there are in Iraq and Afghanistan. Combined.

b602f220-55b5-11eb-bff7-1484c5fed2de
Man, hehe, here is the hardest surface possible... I can work with that, 10 secs later zzzzzZZZzzzz

Anyway, seen this shit?

• Wow

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Hannity is the worst kind of scum. I won't comment on Tucker because AFAIK I haven't seen him. I don't watch Fox News, but did catch some clips of Hannity. Disgusting person.
Trust me. Tucker is just as scummy as Hannity. It's a competition. They continuously feed the outrage, hate cycle. There are never enough outrages committed by liberals, and black people.

Reactions: Captante and Pohemi

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Hannity is up there with Manafort and Stone on the naughty list... for sure

Reactions: Pohemi

Stokely

Golden Member
Jun 5, 2017
Find and watch the livestreams from that day (conveniently made by the right-wingers and that are now available permanently online and helpful to the FBI most definitely).

Most of those Capitol morons are not going to fight in any "civil war". They'll cut and run at the first inkling of any real hostilities. There were some bad dudes there that day, from what I saw they were out front throwing shit at the cops under the balcony and they were the ones that dragged the two cops down (and killed them, if they were the same ones). These are the crew listed separately on the FBI site for violence against the Capitol police. That was some truly nasty shit.

But the inside Capitol crew? What a bunch of moronic clowns (other than a few like the two ziptie guys, which were still morons, just more serious ones.) Not saying they didn't do damage or wouldn't have injured/harrassed/taken hostage the congress critters if they'd been there, and any mob is dangerous. But those nitwits not only filmed themselves (mostly maskless) but at least a couple mentioned names. They reminded me of drunk football fans, talking tough but if real shit broke out they'd run asap. Just watch Insurrection Barbie's video for a good example. If those are the bad guys in a civil war, not really a concern.

My only real concern is supremacists and Trump worshippers in the armed forces, not these yeehawdists.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Last edited:

NWRMidnight

Platinum Member
Jun 18, 2001
TWENTY THOUSAND National Guard are to be deployed in DC alone on the 20th.
I can not imagine the vehicles they will have in addition.
Good luck to the "patriots"
There are 50 states that are going to have issues next week.. Not just the capital.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
More on some Republicans offering help to the insurrectionists the day prior