Going to get close to a civil war

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
I hope the ones that are meant to house white collar criminals will be overflowing with Trump associates, cabinet members and assorted sycophant shithead Repubs from Congress.

Reactions: Zorba

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
I have a hard time believing they have enough people to actually carry out that many attacks.

NTMBK

Lifer
Nov 14, 2011
Seriously, considering they only had a few hundred from all over the country for the major one in DC on the 6th that the president explicitly endorsed. We’ll see though, I’m happy to watch many more get identified and arrested.

Sure, but the attack on the 6th will have emboldened groups all over the country. Overthrowing the government suddenly seems surprisingly attainable, instead of an idle daydream. All the White Supremacist cunts are going to come out of the woodwork.

gothuevos

Golden Member
Jul 28, 2010
They are desperate now. I think the Twitter/Parler bans are actually going to be more harmful short term than any impeachment process would be.

When desperate people perceive that their voice is being taken away (I'm not saying I agree with this,only that I can see it being their rallying cry), then will be capable of anything.

Heartbreaker

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2006
Seriously, considering they only had a few hundred from all over the country for the major one in DC on the 6th that the president explicitly endorsed. We’ll see though, I’m happy to watch many more get identified and arrested.

Yeah, it really seems like January 6th was their "shot". They worked hard to get all the die hards to the capital, including chartering a fleet of buses from every state, to move people openly as they weren't taken seriously. So likely the last gasp biggest assembly of die-hard Trump supporters.

And still they only managed to break through and completely unprepared Capitol.

Now they are taken seriously, now they are all spread out again, now some of them with more functional brains (relative term here) will be starting to get the message that: "If you play stupid games, you win stupid prices", now they will be monitored and tracked, and now preparations will be maximized.

Sure, some of the more stupid, will be emboldened, so there will likely be some incidents, and unfortunately some more people will probably die, but it will be mostly die hard wing nuts, who really won't have any meaningful impact, except drawing even more scrutiny to right wing groups well into the future.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Yeah, it really seems like January 6th was their "shot". They worked hard to get all the die hards to the capital, including chartering a fleet of buses from every state, to move people openly as they weren't taken seriously. So likely the last gasp biggest assembly of die-hard Trump supporters.

And still they only managed to break through and completely unprepared Capitol.

Now they are taken seriously, now they are all spread out again, now some of them with more functional brains (relative term here) will be starting to get the message that: "If you play stupid games, you win stupid prices", now they will be monitored and tracked, and now preparations will be maximized.

Sure, some of the more stupid, will be emboldened, so there will likely be some incidents, and unfortunately some more people will probably die, but it will be mostly die hard wing nuts, who really won't have any meaningful impact, except drawing even more scrutiny to right wing groups well into the future.
Maybe this time, they will get the BLM treatment.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
They are desperate now. I think the Twitter/Parler bans are actually going to be more harmful short term than any impeachment process would be.

When desperate people perceive that their voice is being taken away (I'm not saying I agree with this,only that I can see it being their rallying cry), then will be capable of anything.

It's like a bunch of cornered rats

Reactions: Captante

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
"No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same." --14th Amendment, US Constitution

The people who riled up the crowd and then came inside to vote against the certification have to be held accountable.

nOOky

Platinum Member
Aug 17, 2004
If indeed there are "armed" protests there should be an appropriate response. If I were in charge of state capitol security, I would plan on repelling boarders just in case. Of course that doesn't mean opening up with suppressing fire immediately. Perhaps some sonic weapons or some skunk smell weapons to start, and go from there.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
I've two rifles with 2000 rounds and one rifle with about 200 rounds and maybe a thousand 9mm's and plenty of handguns.
And food and water. I'll ride it out just fine.

So glad my mother didnt live to see America collapse.

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
If indeed there are "armed" protests there should be an appropriate response. If I were in charge of state capitol security, I would plan on repelling boarders just in case. Of course that doesn't mean opening up with suppressing fire immediately. Perhaps some sonic weapons or some skunk smell weapons to start, and go from there.
I always liked the idea of the beanbag shotguns. That has got to hurt like a mother, and if these cowards see a "comrade" in his military surplus store costume crying like a 3 year old cause it hurts they might have second thoughts.

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
I've two rifles with 2000 rounds and one rifle with about 200 rounds and maybe a thousand 9mm's and plenty of handguns.
And food and water. I'll ride it out just fine.

So glad my mother didnt live to see America collapse.
At the moment my AR is in the basement, and I have 5 or 6 30 round pmags still loaded from November, and about 1,000 in an ammo can. Somewhere over 1K of 9mm and 40S&W. AR will be coming upstairs this evening.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
At the moment my AR is in the basement, and I have 5 or 6 30 round pmags still loaded from November, and about 1,000 in an ammo can. Somewhere over 1K of 9mm and 40S&W. AR will be coming upstairs this evening.

At this point, I do really wish I had a gun and was more well versed in it.
*sigh*

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
At this point, I do really wish I had a gun and was more well versed in it.
*sigh*

Right! Never thought I'd be in situation where I'd want a gun to defend myself from the very gun nutter militia that was supposed to be defending itself from the government. But here we are.