Going to Chicago this Spring Break **NEED ADVICE**

pecel

Golden Member
Apr 7, 2000
Hi All

I'm planning to go to Chicago during Spring Break.
I Guees start around March 15, 2002

Any Idea where I should visit?
besides Chicago, where should I visit (of course the one close to Chicago, by driving range) :)

I'm just poor college student from Oklahoma :p

Thanks.

btw, I'm 21 (Legal Age to Drink) :p

TallBill

Lifer
Apr 29, 2001
oh wow... well.. how old are you? u going just to the city, and wut exact dates?

<--- live near chicago... theres a TON of cool stuff to do here

Novgrod

Golden Member
Mar 3, 2001
i'm in chicago (university of).

If you're into museums, go to the field museum and the art institute

There's the magnificent mile, the sears tower/hancock building, there are white sox games and cubs games . . . there's navy pier (blech).

If you're of age, there's drinking aplenty

TallBill

Lifer
Apr 29, 2001
navy pier aint bad.. as long as u got a girl... hehe. .make out on the ferris wheel.. ;) :D

MacBaine

Banned
Aug 23, 2001
You could drive up to Lake Zurich (about an hour north-west). We have a movie theater, a Wal-Mart, and a new library :D Oh, just the thought of all the fun is orgasmic! Oh!

Brutuskend

Lifer
Apr 2, 2001
You HAVE to check out the "Museum of Science and Industry"!!!

I went YEARS ago when I was very young, and it's still one of the high point's of my youth!

They have old WW I & WW II planes hanging from the ceiling, a captured WW II "U" boat, there is a Coal Mine under it you can go check out (or they did.) This was back in the 60's, I'm sure there is LOTS more to see now!!

TAKE PIC'S!!

I wanna see that place again!

Feb 14, 2002
You should have the watched the episode of Insomniac with dave attell where he went to chicago. I err um I mean he had a good time.

Thegonagle

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2000

<< What's the big city that close to Chicago?

Need map here :)
>>

Um, Milwaukee? Stay away from there ;) Or there's Gary, Indiana. Stay away from there ;)

I understand that you should avoid the south side of the city, lest you get lost there and the poor locals want to have some fun with the scared, lost tourist.

I definitely recommend the Hancock tower over the Sears tower because the view of the lake is much better from the Hancock tower. From there, take a walk down Michigan Avenue and then head for Navy Pier. From Navy Pier, take a walk north along the lake shore, and take some pictures of "Big John," which is what they'll have you jokingly calling the John Hancock center from the time of your visit through eternity.

You can stop and take a look at the Real World house at 1934 North Avenue if you're interested in that kind of thing.

A train ride is pretty cool if you're coming from a city without passenger rail. There's a lot more. Do you have friends there? They'll know some places to hang out. Certainly pick up a street map (sometimes called a "quick map") so you can find addresses and you don't get too lost for long.

pecel

Golden Member
Apr 7, 2000
any romantic places in Chicago?

if you want to go around Chicago, which one do you choose?
Go north to Madison & Green Bay
or Going South to Indianapolis?
or Going East to Detroit & Colombus?

Thanks.