Going to buy a new guitar....from where?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

DaShen

Lifer
Dec 1, 2000
Originally posted by: GrantMeThePower
From this thread i decided my guitar: http://forums.anandtech.com/messageview...atid=38&threadid=2003193&enterthread=y

But now that I'm going to order, I've heard a bunch of bad things about Musician's Friend that I was going to buy from. Their reseller ratings are OK, but the bad reviews say that the customer service is bad and that the returns are a hassle, and because i'm buying a guitar sight unseen (nowhere near me sells it) then that is something that is important to me.

Anyone had luck with them? Anywhere else better? (guitar center doesn't sell alvarez)
Thanks.

I have never had problems with Musician Friend. They are one of the best online mass marketted online musician stores out there. They are owned by Guitar Center, BTW.

As for pricing. Meh, they are about average. If you really shopped around and spent time looking, you may just find a better deal on Craigslist or somewhere for a good used guitar.