Going on a cruise you hizzos!!!!

SaltyNuts

Platinum Member
May 1, 2001
Royal Caribbean. The big dog. Only my second cruise, went on a Carnival years ago. Out of Galveston late August.

Any tips/tricks/things I should be aware of? Other than to get the drink package because I am getting FUCKED UP!!!!!

KidNiki1

Platinum Member
Oct 15, 2010
Cruises are for elderly people who have given up the will to live, so I guess you just need plenty of Xanax and sunscreen.

my honeymoon was a cruise and it was fucking awesome. dunno what you are on about.

sunscreen and sun glasses. you can tell them you want both deserts at dinner.

we found this out over halfway through. if both desserts look awesome, you dont even have to choose!!

Reactions: dank69

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
1. buy a Travel Insurance that specifically has Cruise Cover and repatriation, PLUS Curtailment. Read it thoroughly before you buy it.
2. stay away from the finger food, unless you want to get every disease.
I recommend bringing a box of Enterogerima or whatever you have in the US, in case you get gastroenteritis.
3. when you go on land, dont drink the water, and dont have ice in your drinks, because gastro.

frankly i don't know what people see in cruises, ships suck balls, i'd rather stay in a palm hut eating live lobster and snorting coke, but you do you.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Get a refund and actually travel
Cruises mostly suck, unless you can vacation so much of the year it's not like wasting too many days where you could have actually traveled.

Reactions: Brainonska511

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Get a refund and actually travel
Cruises mostly suck, unless you can vacation so much of the year it's not like wasting too many days where you could have actually traveled.
Cruises are awesome. You get to vacation while you travel. I get bored easily staying in the same place for a week. I'd rather eat and drink myself into a coma every night and wake up on a new island 6 days in a row.

bbhaag

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2011
Cruises are awesome. You get to vacation while you travel. I get bored easily staying in the same place for a week. I'd rather eat and drink myself into a coma every night and wake up on a new island 6 days in a row.
Next time you travel to a new place were you are there for a week or more do some planning before hand and try creating an itinerary. I've done this on the last three trips we took and it was awesome.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Next time you travel to a new place were you are there for a week or more do some planning before hand and try creating an itinerary. I've done this on the last three trips we took and it was awesome.
My wife does all that and does a fantastic job of it, but it still doesn't compare to a 6 island hop.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
My wife does all that and does a fantastic job of it, but it still doesn't compare to a 6 island hop.
Yeah I went on a cruise. It wasn't worth it. The time you spend off the boat is just not enough. I like to explore more where I go.

Any vacation where I got to control my time was always better than that cruise.

The only cruise I might consider is Alaska when I'm a lot older. If there was a cruise in the Mediterranean where the ship stopped for 2 days at a port, then I might think of that too.

But the whole check of new place out every morning with a little amount of time you get is just a waste to me.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
How much you'll enjoy a cruise depends a lot on the cruise-line you choose and with MANY lines the individual ship can also make for a wide-ranging experience.

Do it right with the right cabin on the right ship with the right shore-excursions pre-booked and it can be the experience of a lifetime.

Do it wrong and it will be snooty, expensive and boring or a wild mob of drunken trailer-trash doing the limbo.

Royal Caribbean is decent... not high-end but much nicer then Carnival especially the food plus they're more consistent then most lines in terms of atmosphere from ship to ship.

My cruise "tip" is research/read reviews and book most (if not all) of your shore-excursions well before the ship sets sail. The good ones book-up REALLY fast and you don't want to get a$$ed out.

Last edited:

KidNiki1

Platinum Member
Oct 15, 2010
If your idea of adventure is shoveling down 2 different deserts at a meal then a cruise ship is for you! :D
i mean, ok. thats not what i said at all, but go off.

we went to puerto rico, had a crazy tour bus "adventure" that we still say quotes from to this day, had some fun sightseeing, and got to relax, have lots of fun on the boat, and oh yeah, also ate some really good food. plus, we got to go for free, and got an upgraded cabin with a balcony.

it was a good time. not sure why you need to shit all over me for enjoying a cruise.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

well when you describe it like that.....
jZGgghi.png

• Haha

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Yeah I went on a cruise. It wasn't worth it. The time you spend off the boat is just not enough. I like to explore more where I go.

Any vacation where I got to control my time was always better than that cruise.

The only cruise I might consider is Alaska when I'm a lot older. If there was a cruise in the Mediterranean where the ship stopped for 2 days at a port, then I might think of that too.

But the whole check of new place out every morning with a little amount of time you get is just a waste to me.

This. I wouldn't mind a cruise that would give you 3ish days to run in and hang out in town or local towns for a bit, then another island, etc.

Or even one of those river cruises in Europe, but those look even sketchier to me, and I don't think you get any real time in town on those either. I think the whole trip is like, 7 days (maybe 2 weeks?) but it's basically 2 towns every 3 days or something. I don't like.

pete6032

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2010
Royal Caribbean. The big dog. Only my second cruise, went on a Carnival years ago. Out of Galveston late August.

Any tips/tricks/things I should be aware of? Other than to get the drink package because I am getting FUCKED UP!!!!!
No man spreading on the life boats.

• Haha
Reactions: dank69 and Captante

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
If you are late back to the boat from one of the islands, then you have to live on the island.

• Haha