GOG - System Shock (Enhanced) released

bbhaag

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2011
This is pretty cool. I love System Shock 2 but never got a chance to play the original. Now I get that chance.

meson2000

Jul 18, 2001
Yeah. I loved SS2 as well but never played the original either. I will have to check this out.

ControlD

Diamond Member
Apr 25, 2005
I can't wait to try this out with actual mouse look built in. System Shock is a game I replay every few years, so maybe it's time to give it a shot with this new enhanced version. I love System Shock 2 as well, but I honestly think the first one is probably a better game. The graphics are pretty rough though.

SlitheryDee

Lifer
Feb 2, 2005
I've only played part of system shock 2. I don't know why I never finished it. I remember being fascinated with it, and then just stopping. It was like I hit some part of it where I just didn't know where to go next, decided I'd give it a rest for the day, and never came back to it again.

I had never even seen SS1 before this thread. I knew there must be one, but I hadn't given much thought to actually playing it. I think I've been assuming all this time that SS2 was supposed to be the "good one" and that I didn't need to play SS1.

ControlD

Diamond Member
Apr 25, 2005
So I went ahead and purchased last night to get the discount. The enhancements really do help, and having real mouse look makes the game much easier to get back into. Once I bumped the game into the widescreen resolution it actually looked much better than I expected. I'll probably go ahead and run through the complete game now that I have started.