GOG Summer Sale - Metro Exodus & Prey now DRM-free!

BFG10K

Lifer
Aug 14, 2000
Wow, I didn't expect this, especially not Metro Exodus which had such a horrific start being an Epic exclusive. Both games are still loaded with Denuvo on Steam but they're DRM-free on GOG.

GOG has been a roll lately with securing high-profile AAA games. I hope the latest Tomb Raider games end up there soon.

https://www.gog.com/

Racan

Golden Member
Sep 22, 2012
Dang I sould have waited. I've bought an finished Exodus on Steam.

Red Hawk

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2011
Yeah I think I might just rebuy some of my favorite games just for the principle of the matter, like Dragon Age Origins and Deus Ex Mankind Divided. I have them on Steam...but I don't really *own* them. If I kept my PC offline for a month, I'd lose the ability to play them. With GOG purchases, as long as they're on my storage drive, I can play them. Almost as good as having DRM-free physical copies...almost.

And yeah, here's hoping the new Tomb Raider series comes to GOG. I'd rebuy them on sale for sure. Thing is, the new Deus Ex games were published by the same Eidos sub-division of Square Enix, and the older Tomb Raider games are already on GOG. So there's a pretty good chance the new TR games will make it there soon.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
WOOT!

Prey looks awesome, it got decent reviews, and some awards too.

Now I can have it for 8.99 sans DRM!

ondma

Platinum Member
Mar 18, 2018
Already bought Exodus from Steam. Wish I had waited.

I was really excited to play it, but now it is more like work than enjoyment to try to finish it. The game just seems "off" somehow. Controls are wonky, especially the mouse, and the subtitles dont go in synch with the dialog. Maybe the problem is that without the setting of the tunnels, it becomes just another shooter.

Red Hawk

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2011
Already bought Exodus from Steam. Wish I had waited.

I was really excited to play it, but now it is more like work than enjoyment to try to finish it. The game just seems "off" somehow. Controls are wonky, especially the mouse, and the subtitles dont go in synch with the dialog. Maybe the problem is that without the setting of the tunnels, it becomes just another shooter.
If you have it on Steam, it actually still benefits you, since they actually did go ahead and patch Denuvo out of the other digital versions when they put it on GOG. I think Mankind Divided also had Denuvo taken out.

ondma

Platinum Member
Mar 18, 2018
If you have it on Steam, it actually still benefits you, since they actually did go ahead and patch Denuvo out of the other digital versions when they put it on GOG. I think Mankind Divided also had Denuvo taken out.
Well, it is cheaper now. OTOH, I had unused funds in my Steam wallet, so I dont feel bad about spending them I guess.

Red Hawk

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2011
Just got an email from GOG that Hitman Absolution is FREE for the next 72 hours. Download it and it's yours to keep. Haven't ever played it, so definitely something worth jumping on.

Igo69

Apr 26, 2015
Already have it on Steam but want to get from gog and gog is not working well :mad:

BFG10K

Lifer
Aug 14, 2000
I've never played a Hitman game so it'll be interesting to try it later.