GOG giving away free copies of Witcher Enhanced Edition (24 hours only)

Tweak155

Lifer
Sep 23, 2003
I saw this yesterday but didn't feel like getting it. But now that you linked it here I changed my mind, no idea why. I just know I'll probably never play it, but who knows...

AdamK47

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
On a related note, the Windows 10 anniversary update broke the game when exiting. The best way I found to fix it is to restart the graphics driver by pressing Win + Ctrl + Shift + B.

Also, the default Nvidia SLI profile has been broken for years. It causes light coronas to bleed through every wall. It's best to switch SLI to single GPU.

Last edited:

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007
Weird, I made this topic yesterday when the sale was going on for 48 hours and nobody seemed to care. My thread is still on the first page too... Same link and everything.

ImpulsE69

Lifer
Jan 8, 2010
I didn't feel like making an Ars Technica account. Seriously tired of needing an account for every fricking thing under the sun. I didn't want the game that bad, even if it is a good site. Soon you are going to need an account to wipe your @SS.

BxgJ

Golden Member
Jul 27, 2015
I didn't feel like making an Ars Technica account. Seriously tired of needing an account for every fricking thing under the sun. I didn't want the game that bad, even if it is a good site. Soon you are going to need an account to wipe your @SS.
Yeah I hate that too. The game is usually as cheap as 3 or 4 bucks on steam during sales anyway, think I've bought it about 4 times to give to friends.

wanderer27

Platinum Member
Aug 6, 2005
I wonder why they went route?

They've given The Witcher I and The Witcher II away for free before, I think during one of their big sale promos.

Pretty sure that's where I got my copies, though I've yet to get time to play them.