GOG Big Deal Sale - up to 90% off (9/18 - 9/25)

wanderer27

Platinum Member
Aug 6, 2005
Yep, another sale . . . surprised me too :

https://www.gog.com/news/the_big_deal_sale_kicks_off_on_gogcom

Find great games and historically low prices • 200+ deals up to -90%

This is absolutely, definitely, positively a really very big deal! It only stands to reason, this is the BIG DEAL sale: find 200+ games up to 90% off and tons of historically low prices this week on GOG.com.

We're bringing out the big guns for this one with over fifty great games at historically low prices, including Little Nightmares (-40%), Galaxy of Pen and Paper (-15%), Tacoma (-20%) Sundered (-15%), Aragami (-60%), Sudden Strike 4 (-25%), 80 Days (-66%), Obduction (-40%), Rebel Galaxy (-75%) and many more.

There are plenty other ways to get the most bang for your buck in the BIG DEAL sale:

• Browse great games you can get under $2, like Her Story (-75%), Aarklash Legacy (-90%), Lichdom Battlemage (-95%), Dustforce DX (-90%), or the Blackwell Bundle (-90%) and more.

• Check out more of our favorite offers 80% off or more on Prison Architect, DEX, Shadowrun: Dragonfall, Satellite Reign, Rogue Legacy, Expeditions: Conquistador and others!

This is important, too: everyone who drops by GOG.com this Tuesday will come away with an absolutely, definitely, positively special something! If that sounds a bit odd, you'll just have to come and see.

The BIG DEAL sale runs until September 25, 10 PM UTC.

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005
Looks like the special deal is a free copy of Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee
It is a limited time to download like the humble store, or can you add it to your collection? That game goes on sale at Steam for $0.56 on the steam sales. Still, a free game is a free game.

wanderer27

Platinum Member
Aug 6, 2005
It is a limited time to download like the humble store, or can you add it to your collection? That game goes on sale at Steam for $0.56 on the steam sales. Still, a free game is a free game.

Yes, the key is good until 2018 sometime (not sure exact date right off).

Apparently the game is also free on HB and Steam (I've heard) today as well.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Rebel Galaxy is a crapload of fun for about 3 hours, then you realize its the same crap over and over again and you get really bored. Freelancer has more longevity but it doesnt work well on modern Windows.

Kerbal on the other hand has given me about a thousand hours of happiness and shows no signs of being forgotten.

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005
Rebel Galaxy is a crapload of fun for about 3 hours, then you realize its the same crap over and over again and you get really bored. Freelancer has more longevity but it doesnt work well on modern Windows.

I found the same thing about Rebel Galaxy. I am 7 hours in and am completely bored with it. It is basically endless fetch quests, with mostly the same enemies over and over, and a great soundtrack can only take you so far.

I might give it a little more time to finish the first major quest and see if the next system is any different.

Overall, if you like this sort of game I would recommend Ring Runner: Flight of the Sages or Space Pirates and Zombies, and play your own music.