GOG - 50% off Spooky Games (Gabriel Knight, Phantasmagoria, and more)

terry107

Dec 8, 2005
Link to deal page

Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Father $2.99
Gabriel Knight 2: The Beast Within $2.99
Gabriel Knight 3: Blood of the Sacred, Blood of the Damned $2.99
Ghost Master $2.99
Litil Divil $2.99
Phantasmagoria $4.99
Phantasmagoria 2 $2.99
Realms of the Haunting $2.99
Sanitarium $4.99
Scratches Directors Cut $4.99
Shadowgrounds $4.99
Vampire the Masquerade - Redemption $2.99

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
Gabriel Knight games are awesome. Especially the 1st one.
I never played the 3rd one. I bought it like 2 years ago and couldn't get it to run on my PC properly.

Do these work ok on vista 64 bit? like are they optimized for it?

terry107

Dec 8, 2005
Gabriel Knight games are awesome. Especially the 1st one.
I never played the 3rd one. I bought it like 2 years ago and couldn't get it to run on my PC properly.

Do these work ok on vista 64 bit? like are they optimized for it?

You can go to each game's page to see the OS they are compatible with. The vast majority work on Vista/7 64 bit. Gabriel Knight 3 will work on XP, Vista, and 7 (32 or 64 bit).

cronos

Diamond Member
Nov 7, 2001
I'm most likely going to grab Gabriel Knight as well. Definitely 1 and 2 which I have played before but lost the CDs long ago. #3 I still have the CDs but it's probably a good idea to get a digital version that will work with newer operating systems.

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
You can go to each game's page to see the OS they are compatible with. The vast majority work on Vista/7 64 bit. Gabriel Knight 3 will work on XP, Vista, and 7 (32 or 64 bit).

but will it run ok? I got the cd version about 2 years ago and it ran it but the graphics were all glitchy and stuff so it wasn't really all that playable.

terry107

Dec 8, 2005
but will it run ok? I got the cd version about 2 years ago and it ran it but the graphics were all glitchy and stuff so it wasn't really all that playable.

I have about 20 games from GOG and all have worked fine for me. As I don't own Gabriel Knight 3, I obviously can't say how well it runs; however, each game has its own support forum. You can look through there to see if anyone is having issues. The Gabriel Knight forums can be found here.

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008

GOG specifically mods every individual game to be 100% compatible with modern operating systems. If you buy the GOG version, you can bet it will probably run better than your "original CD version". In other words: No graphics glitches.

Via

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2009
Also remember:

Many older games do not support crossfire (or SLI, I assume). If you have a dual GPU card you'll want to make sure about the games you buy.

PrayForDeath

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2004
Man I remember when Phantasmagoria came in like 6 CDs back in the 90's. It was a bitch to play lol

Anarchist420

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2010
www.facebook.com
GOG specifically mods every individual game to be 100% compatible with modern operating systems. If you buy the GOG version, you can bet it will probably run better than your "original CD version". In other words: No graphics glitches.
I love GOG and especially how they make everything compatible, but sometimes they do compress the original CDDA audio into ogg files when they could change it to FLAC and still save space.

I'm still pretty damn grateful for GOG. They're pretty damn awesome and they'd probably change it to FLAC if a few people asked.

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
Bought GK3 and I can't install it.
Running vista 64 bit and it says I the install file is not compatible with my version of windows.

The game page shows:
Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 (32 & 64 bit)

There was only 1 file to download, so not like there was different versions.

I opened a ticket with GOG so we'll see what they say.

at least the cd version would install..

Last edited: