GoDaddy web hosting?

dudeguy

Banned
Aug 11, 2004
Why? Why cant ftp be ready as soon as the domain is setup?
Has anyone esle had this problem?

mpitts

Lifer
Jun 9, 2000
Are you talking about being able to resolve the domain or just access the FTP by the IP address?

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
poor hamster is overworked... he can't keep going on that thing all day long ya know ?

(something to do with domain name as your FTP address? Maybe they don't provide IP for whatever reason)

Need4Speed

Diamond Member
Dec 27, 1999
Originally posted by: dudeguy

mmmm...it takes time to get all the nameservers updated ie. propagate....have a coke and smile, and chill! :)

RaDragon

Diamond Member
May 23, 2000

I don't think hosting is their forte. I use GoDaddy for domain registration and SC Web Services for hosting (same day account setup) :)

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000

This is not a "problem".

All domain registrars take 24-48 hours for propagation.

Why did you choose GoDaddy for your web hosting when there are better choices for less money?

dudeguy

Banned
Aug 11, 2004
i did a thread last week, but got few responces.

rossman what would you suggest?

ideally i would like to password protect the whole site, to host a website and my photo gallery on it. (ie pics of me and friends and family etc and i dont want public access to it) i want to host uncompressed pics, and at 2mb a pop that adds up fast.

so for 500 mb and a 20mb+ mail pop3 account what would you recommend, and ill cancel godaddy and lose my $4.

thanks.

rob

DeviousTrap

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2002
i did a thread last week, but got few responces.

rossman what would you suggest?

ideally i would like to password protect the whole site, to host a website and my photo gallery on it. (ie pics of me and friends and family etc and i dont want public access to it) i want to host uncompressed pics, and at 2mb a pop that adds up fast.

so for 500 mb and a 20mb+ mail pop3 account what would you recommend, and ill cancel godaddy and lose my $4.

thanks.

rob

lol, me and ross both tried to help you. He asked for your budget and you never responded, and I even wanted to create you a demo account to show you how it would work and you refused :confused:

LikeLinus

Lifer
Jul 25, 2001
Originally posted by: RossMAN

This is not a "problem".

Why did you choose GoDaddy for your web hosting when there are better choices for less money?

What are some good domain name registrants for the money. I have used GoDaddy for my domain names in the past. I use Idologic for my hosting and I've been very happy with them.

FleshLight

Diamond Member
Mar 18, 2004
Godaddy nameservers have to "propogate" the nifo to all of the 200000000 name servers throughout the whole venus.

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
Originally posted by: LikeLinus
Originally posted by: RossMAN

This is not a "problem".

What are some good domain name registrants for the money. I have used GoDaddy for my domain names in the past. I use Idologic for my hosting and I've been very happy with them.

I should clarify my post. When I said "there are better choices for less money" that was in reference to GoDaddy.com web hosting NOT domain registration :)

GoDaddy.com remains the #1 domain registrar but they offer a decent service at a fair price.