God works in mysterious ways

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Estrella

Jan 29, 2006
Originally posted by: jjzelinski
Originally posted by: TallBill
So a fictional character helped you out today?

Hey what if he's NOT fictional, don't you think we should all err on the side of salvation?

Ummmm no, I will side on Nirvana or cyclical rebirth process. K thx bye

DangerAardvark

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2004
Originally posted by: TechBoyJK

Hey what if he's NOT fictional, don't you think we should all err on the side of salvation?

thats how i feel about it...

Pascal's wager FTL. If there is a God, don't you think he could tell the difference between someone who believes for the right reasons and someone who's just hedging his bets? And if he can't, then what good is he?

TechBoyJK

Lifer
Oct 17, 2002
Originally posted by: DangerAardvark
Originally posted by: TechBoyJK

thats how i feel about it...

Pascal's wager FTL. If there is a God, don't you think he could tell the difference between someone who believes for the right reasons and someone who's just hedging his bets? And if he can't, then what good is he?

you mistook my point. My point is, I believe, and I'd rather be wrong and just die, then not believe, be right, and just die. Because if I believe and I am right, then I am justified. but if I don't believe and I am wrong, I may be damned. I do believe though. Crazy fools think this world is all an accident.. lol!

TallBill

Lifer
Apr 29, 2001

No. That defeats the entire purpose for him being made up and existing.

TechBoyJK

Lifer
Oct 17, 2002

No. That defeats the entire purpose for him being made up and existing.

just like earth and humans? are we made up too?

Mr Smiley

Oct 12, 2004

Wow what a dick. You should probably grow up now and start respecting other peoples beliefs.

TallBill

Lifer
Apr 29, 2001
Originally posted by: Mr Smiley

Wow what a dick. You should probably grow up now and start respecting other peoples beliefs.

Maybe you should respect my beliefs.

Goosemaster

Lifer
Apr 10, 2001
Originally posted by: CadetLee
Originally posted by: moshquerade
Originally posted by: NanoStuff
God stole my bike. He can go fuck himself. Congrats to you though.
:thumbsdown:

Don't worry, God, in his infinite petty vindictiveness will take a moment out of his busy schedule of making sure the universe doesn't implode to smite our heathen friend in such a way that is subtle enough for non-believers to chalk up to coincidence and unfortunate enough to make his equally vindictive minions satisfied.

Speaking of schedule, I've got spot open on Tuesday between kicking puppies at 10am and stealing candy from babies at noon that I might be able to squeeze a quick baptism in. I've had my eye on this new set of Golf clubs that I feel the Lord is just dying for me to have.

Why the hate? :confused:

What do you mean? It's a plan not a plot. I also get the added benefit being saved from eternal suffering for my run-of-the-mil sins, just in case.

To f@cked up hypotheticalls :beer:

DangerAardvark

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2004

There are lots of "beliefs". What makes one better than any other? Why would you respect someone for a completely erroneous belief?

jjzelinski

Diamond Member
Aug 23, 2004

There are lots of "beliefs". What makes one better than any other? Why would you respect someone for a completely erroneous belief?

How about this: we agnostics and atheists will respect your fantasy when you respect muslims/buddhists/sieks/catholics/amazonianlittlepeople/jews/scientologists/mormons/etc...

TechBoyJK

Lifer
Oct 17, 2002

How about this: we agnostics and atheists will respect your fantasy when you respect muslims/buddhists/sieks/catholics/amazonianlittlepeople/jews/scientologists/mormons/etc...

when people start pulling out the labels, thats when things go downhill

thepd7

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2005
Originally posted by: Naustica
4.9% is excellent for used car right now. Congrats and enjoy your roadster!

Don't tip the finance guy. He doesn't need any more of your money.

It's not the finance guy, it's the salesman who wouldn't let the finance guy give up (correct me if I am wrong OP). I agree that he deserves an extra $100 or so, a steak dinner or night out plus a little is the least the OP can do for the extra trouble and work that guy put into the deal. It's not very often you get good customer service from a used car dealership.

OP, sounds like you have things straight. I have no idea how someone can begrude you this whenever you are saving about 25% of your income and you have a secure job. Congrats to you on fixing your credit, best of luck with the lawsuit, enjoy your new (to you) car, don't listen to the haters, and if you are in Dallas hook me up at your place of employment!

Mermaidman

Diamond Member
Sep 4, 2003
Some people believe in saving up before buying their toys, and some believe in using the power of credit. Just like some believe in a god or gods, and some don't.

There--I've unified the two themes being explored in this thread.

Journer

Banned
Jun 30, 2005
what kind of moron with not enough money goes out and buys a z4 and claims it was god's doing?

thepd7

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2005
Originally posted by: Journer
what kind of moron with not enough money goes out and buys a z4 and claims it was god's doing?

What kind of moron doesn't read a whole thread before posting in it? I mean, it's only 2 pages, seriously.

Dunbar

Platinum Member
Feb 19, 2001
I don't really see the problem with your current living situation. If you get your own place though things might be tight. Anyways, how much is the "small fortune" you're going to be inheriting and from who?

RichieZ

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2000
Z4's have huge market support right now, did you consider buying it brand new?

Trunk money for Aug 07:
Z4 3.0i roadster: $5,500
Z4 3.0si roadster: $6,500

Z4 3.0si coupe: $5,000

M Roadster: $5,000
M Coupe: $5,000

And the different between MSRP and invoice is about 3500, with the dismal sales I think u can get it easily for $1000 above invoice and take all the trunk money.

I picked up a new 06 3.0Si back in march for 12K off MSRP will a little haggling. 06 M roadsters are going for 15K off MSRP.

I suspect 07 will have similar discounts as the year rolls on, especially since the 08 is the sunset year for the Z4.

Also if you haven't signed the papers I would look into a lease return Z4, these things have horrible depreciation.

TechBoyJK

Lifer
Oct 17, 2002
Originally posted by: RichieZ
Z4's have huge market support right now, did you consider buying it brand new?

Trunk money for Aug 07:
Z4 3.0i roadster: $5,500
Z4 3.0si roadster: $6,500

Z4 3.0si coupe: $5,000

M Roadster: $5,000
M Coupe: $5,000

And the different between MSRP and invoice is about 3500, with the dismal sales I think u can get it easily for $1000 above invoice and take all the trunk money.

I picked up a new 06 3.0Si back in march for 12K off MSRP will a little haggling. 06 M roadsters are going for 15K off MSRP.

I suspect 07 will have similar discounts as the year rolls on, especially since the 08 is the sunset year for the Z4.

Also if you haven't signed the papers I would look into a lease return Z4, these things have horrible depreciation.

I looked at the newer ones, and its still more than I want to spend. I did the math and this is the best deal for me..

TechBoyJK

Lifer
Oct 17, 2002
Originally posted by: Dunbar
I don't really see the problem with your current living situation. If you get your own place though things might be tight. Anyways, how much is the "small fortune" you're going to be inheriting and from who?

less than a million but close to it. its really my step dad's inheritance but my brother and I are getting a small prize.. my stepdad's dad died young, and his dad's apprentice raised my step-dad.. that apprentice ended up becoming filthy rich and never having any kids, so my stepdad is basically his only son. he's already bought the house my parents live in, and he plans to start giving out more of his money before he dies, so we expect for the big hand out in a few years.. if not sooner.