God that was scarey: Edgewater Shooting stuff

Anybody

Dec 16, 1999
Im sitting here chatting with a fellow anandtecher in AIM.. next thing I know Im getting a call from a friend of mine who shows me this link

My buds company

Another friend of ours works at Edgewater. Well after frantically calling around for 5 minutes or so we find out hes alive and ok. His cube was about 8 cubes down from the shooting started. "As the second round of shots starting going me and my cube mates bailed"

They are gathered at a church right now. I feel horrible for the families this effects but can't be more relieved that my friend is alive. He just had his son a month ago...I can't even think how horrible that would be...

Zedfu

Sep 26, 2000
wow, how unfortunate. this reminds me of the scary incident about 2 years ago in the city of Hamiliton where a buddy and i were waiting by a corner for the bus to come, then just out of nowhere, a group of guys just ripped by us running diagonally across the street, then i saw one guys chasing them with a pistol. the scary thing was that he opened fire at the guy who ran by me! this was so damn close, and i could had been shot :Q i would never forget this...:(

Anybody

Dec 16, 1999
The shooter had a shotgun an Ak-47 and semi auto pistol..... it was an employee... that my friend knew...

Tripleshot

Elite Member
Jan 29, 2000
Did the shooter,Michael McDermott frequent this forum? The name sounds familier.

This is really sick:(:|

Anybody

Dec 16, 1999
Im not sure if he frequented these forums... but in an office of 40 when you know EVERYONE and 7 people are killed my friend is really shaken.

Freeze

Oct 15, 1999
that is really scary. glad to hear that your friend's ok though. I work just outside of boston (in westboro) and I was shocked when I heard this news. wakefield is about 35 miles from here...

Anybody

Dec 16, 1999
Well it looks like he took out most of HR, the ceo's assistant, and the receptionist. The news is reporting that they are investigating if he was upset because the IRS was garnishing his wages... the scuttle from a manager at the office is that he was given a written repremand about something last week.

Friend has never looked so happy then tonight being home and holding his baby boy...

Windogg

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
OMG, it's one thing to hear it in the news but another to have someone so close. Not to minimize the impact of it all but I'm glad your friend is ok.

Windogg

MC

Platinum Member
Feb 23, 2000
:Q :Q :Q

what a system you have there WinDogg!!

:Q :Q :Q