God`s gift to us on this day before Christmas -- I present -- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: Donald Trump is afraid of 'strong women, of Latino women'

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
### If Trump can be the Evangelicals man of God elected by God then I propose that AOC can be God`s gift to the rest of us.....as in a thorn in Trump backside!!

Call me crazy or whatever else you choose but I personally like this woman!
If nothing comes of her future in politics other than
what we have seen -- then IMO that is enough to know that there are people in government who care about serving the people who elected them!! Of course I disagree with her support of Bernie sanders but I can live with it!
I like what she recently said --
She said in October that it was better to be a "wack job," using Trump's words, than a "criminal who betrays our country."

WASHINGTON – Freshman Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., said President Donald Trump is afraid of "strong" and "Latino women."
Speaking to Spanish-language television news “Noticias Telemundo,” Ocasio-Cortez said in an interview that aired Sunday that Trump "has a lot of problems: he is a racist, he is anti-immigrant and more than that… his administration is corrupt."
"He has a track record: he is afraid of strong women, of Latino women, he is unethical,” she continued.
The interview came as Ocasio-Cortez hosted a Spanish-language town hall event for Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders' 2020 bid for the White House.
Ocasio-Cortez stated during the interview that "If the President thinks I am crazy…It would actually be a problem if he would agree with my ideas."
She continued that “This president was elected for a reason with which I disagree.”
“There were many economic problems, opportunities ... and those were the reasons to choose it. He hasn't fixed them, but I think the themes of this Bernie campaign are positive, not negative,” she stated.
Ocasio-Cortez has become one of the most-known first-term congressional members after defeating a well-known and powerful incumbent in New York's 14th congressional district in 2018 while working as a waitress. At 29, she became the youngest congresswoman ever.
She has been a frequent critic of Trump throughout her entire tenure on Capitol Hill.
She said in October that it was better to be a "wack job," using Trump's words, than a "criminal who betrays our country."
Ocasio-Cortez, who is Puerto Rican, talked about the importance of maintaining the Spanish language within the communities, saying that “If we are first or second generation, it is important that we cultivate our language. I must speak and practice more to improve my own Spanish. Our language is the link with our families and our communities.”

Last edited:

Ottonomous

May 15, 2014
What I love about trump is how he totally embodies the right's obsession with ingroup bias and intepretation of female leadership. If you're not with us, you're against us (and we need constant assurance through parroting of the tribal mantra) and with women, melania embodies the perfect female. Demure, devoid of any hard opinions, beautiful and exists solely to stand by her husband

dainthomas

Lifer
Dec 7, 2004
If Ivanka runs would they really, really choose her over a popular male in the primaries?

Used to be I'd say no simply because she's vacuous and extremely dimwitted. But then I remembered what we currently have.

Although, while she'd be the perfect puppet for the theocrats infesting the republican party, they don't really need that when there are an ample number of male theocrats to elect.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
Used to be I'd say no simply because she's vacuous and extremely dimwitted. But then I remembered what we currently have.

Although, while she'd be the perfect puppet for the theocrats infesting the republican party, they don't really need that when there are an ample number of male theocrats to elect.
This is the same party that Sarah Palin as a VP candidate was a good idea.

jmagg

Platinum Member
Nov 21, 2001
This is the same party that Sarah Palin as a VP candidate was a good idea.
I thought Sarah was decent, at least she made an effort to share big oil (or thts what i took from my limited reading). McCains bullshit "my friends" sunk that boat.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013

Ivanka is a convert to Judaism by way of her husband. No way evangelicals will back a non-Christian.

Nov 25, 2013
What I love about trump is how he totally embodies the right's obsession with ingroup bias and intepretation of female leadership. If you're not with us, you're against us (and we need constant assurance through parroting of the tribal mantra) and with women, melania embodies the perfect female. Demure, devoid of any hard opinions, beautiful and exists solely to stand by her husband

Just don't try and hold her hand. :)
7d8.gif

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
They will support anyone who tells them what they want to hear. That's why they support Donny boy and he's no Christian.

Trump is a non-believer in anything but himself. However, he does at least hold himself out as a Christian. Ivanka can't do that.

Nov 25, 2013
Trump is a non-believer in anything but himself. However, he does at least hold himself out as a Christian. Ivanka can't do that.

Doubt it would matter. But I also suspect that either one would drop the other in a second if they thought it would be to their personal benefit.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Doubt it would matter. But I also suspect that either one would drop the other in a second if they thought it would be to their personal benefit.

You doubt being Jewish wouldn't matter in a primary or national, on the side with the nazi sympathizers and klan support? Really? It's a hard thing to gauge for sure, I think I just have a hard time thinking it wouldn't matter at all. This election is different after all, the republic and our institutions are in real jeopardy. I expect quite a turn out.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I thought Sarah was decent, at least she made an effort to share big oil (or thts what i took from my limited reading). McCains bullshit "my friends" sunk that boat.
Are you serious? Did you watch her during 2008 election?

ShookKnight

Dec 12, 2019
So are Democrats.
Democrats aren't sending trolls to her public speaking events pretending to be baby eating lunatics.

Seriously, Conservatives should man up. And I don't mean raping her or shooting her - as most conservatives have stated they would like to - I mean, stand up to her and provide legitimate counters to her points of view... other than mouth spittle spewing rage, 'nu-uhs' and lies.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
- I mean, stand up to her and provide legitimate counters to her points of view... other than mouth spittle spewing rage, 'nu-uhs' and lies.
There really are no legitimate counters that make any sense or that do anything but put off the inevitable….

ShookKnight

Dec 12, 2019
and jealous. They trash her every move while at the same time take pictures of her ass in the halls of Congress.
They want to humiliate her because she isn't taking, nor will take, any shit.

But, my absolute favorite has to be how they tried to depict her as a brainless dolt, meanwhile Trump is spewing garbage like 'I don't understand wind'.

Reactions: HomerJS

1prophet

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2005
Well Trump is one of the consequences of our relative morality anything goes mentality since anyone can identify as whatever they believe to be and if they get enough people to support them, science, logic and facts be damned.

• Haha
Reactions: ch33zw1z

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
There is no way that Trump is even remotely a God fearing born again Christian!!