God bless the USA!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
Yeah, no kidding. The ability of people to get "outraged" over the most ridiculous crap is truly mind boggling. In this case, it's basically just inventing something ridiculous to be outraged about. I mean, this would be a dumb thing to get worked up over even if people WEREN'T totally misunderstanding what was going on.

They're not misunderstanding it. They are willfully feeding to into what fuels their hate... It's a intentional act...

Logic, reasoning - *bah..... lost to them.....

Last edited:

TheSlamma

Diamond Member
Sep 6, 2005
So... did you guys enlist to "stand up.... and defend her"? Or do you think you've got that covered via message board posting?
Don't get too excited up there on your high horse, your military turns down people left and right now for any ailment they deem they don't want. PLENTY of people out there who are not allowed to serve that support this country as much as they can.

jackstar7

Lifer
Jun 26, 2009
Don't get too excited up there on your high horse, your military turns down people left and right now for any ailment they deem they don't want. PLENTY of people out there who are not allowed to serve that support this country as much as they can.

As much as they can via message board posts?

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
So... did you guys enlist to "stand up.... and defend her"? Or do you think you've got that covered via message board posting?

I already have. A little over eight years of building and operating nuclear submarines. How about you?

Rainsford

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001

I'm sure they do. But I can't be alone in thinking that "patriotism" seems awfully cheap these days. And even worse, it often seems treated as nothing more than a club to beat your political opponents with.